Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how about using "Over the rainbow... seagulls fly" as a regular song?

mindyjaja

May 9, 2004
Agreed that this would not make a great chant, however, when he sang it during Brighton Till I Die, it was absolute class

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Somewhere over the rainbow
seagulls fly
and the words that I live by
I’m Brighton ‘Til I Die
How is singing this chorus considered gay? Think it'd be f***ing amazing.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
On another note, I really hope this 'gay' thing isn't what is stopping people from singing the proper words of Sussex By the Sea. (Specifically the second line)

People want an original song that no other team sings....
we already have it and it's incredible. It just needs singing properly.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
On another note, I really hope this 'gay' thing isn't what is stopping people from singing the proper words of Sussex By the Sea. (Specifically the second line)

People want an original song that no other team sings....
we already have it and it's incredible. It just needs singing properly.

well i've been tongue in cheek about it... but SOTR is a well known gay anthem

the GOSBTS issue is other insecurities than homosexuality. I suspect it doesn't fit in with people's conception of themselves as 'hard men' - too quaint a song. They equate quaint with gay... oh wait here we are. Yes it is about that. Nevermind. Hard men sing GOSBTS fast and with an air of menace. ;)

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
As to whether the song is a bit gay, Interesting thoughts posted here, I did consider this when writing it, but I quickly went with the ironic use of the song as I particularly enjoy away games when we throw the gay chants back at homophobic away fans with the Albion supports famed wit and irony, it sets us apart I think. As a married man with two kids I had no problem with it but each to his own. For those that want to know how it was first reclaimed for the straight world try googling thus;
Israel Kamakawiwoʻole. A combination of the new stadium, my love of The Albion and this version of a great song just felt right.
If that makes it gay that's cool just don't tell the wife :)

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Mark, it was fantastic in the theatre.... and a great song you've created.

I'm not totally sure whether it'd work on the terraces though, plus we don't have as good a voice as you - for the high-igh-igh bit :)

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
DanielT Somewhere over the rainbow seagulls fly and the words that I live by I’m Brighton ‘Til I Die [/QUOTE said:
this bit may work tho - only prob, is the last line kinda may kill the song dead in the stands. not sure it sounds right on repeat

Hang on,this might work or maybe we could get straight to the point with this(tune: we`re going down the pub)

Weeee take it up the arse
`urry up palace come on

and we can change the name to welcome whoever(whomever?)we are playing.I know, it`s fantastic isn`t it?! :lolol: (Whomsoever?)

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
As to whether the song is a bit gay, Interesting thoughts posted here, I did consider this when writing it, but I quickly went with the ironic use of the song as I particularly enjoy away games when we throw the gay chants back at homophobic away fans with the Albion supports famed wit and irony, it sets us apart I think. As a married man with two kids I had no problem with it but each to his own. For those that want to know how it was first reclaimed for the straight world try googling thus;
Israel Kamakawiwoʻole. A combination of the new stadium, my love of The Albion and this version of a great song just felt right.
If that makes it gay that's cool just don't tell the wife :)

ive got iz's cd with that song on - recognised it as you performed. you did it very well. and rather slimmer and alive!!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Somewhere over the downland
seagulls fly
and the words that I live by
I’m Brighton ‘Til I Die

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
What's so hard to understand when creating new song ideas that they have to be easy to follow?!!! Jesus wept...

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
It's fun to play in the A.M.E.X
It's fun to play in the A.M.E.X
They have everything for you men to enjoy
You can hang out with all the boys

Great! A lot better response than "You're to ugly to be gay"

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
THIS IS BRILLIANT. The chorus alone will work. It will be unique to us. The gay connurtation is so apt. The chorus is easy to sing as everyone knows the tune. This has the makings of something really big.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think the song will only work if the NSK wave around their latest banner - "Friends of Dorothy" :wink:
The A.M.E.X song is a lot better :thumbsup:

Nov 9, 2011
Song sheets! Get your song sheets! You can't sing without one! Sing our manafactured arse spray or you ain't a true fan I tell ye! Get your song sheets!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here