Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How about a maximum limit on the number of posts an individual can make in a thread ?

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Rubbish idea; it curtails discussion and debate. It's not all about making your point and buggering off; a good discussion can help to persuade, inform and bring out extra detail in the argument.

If you don't happen to like a thread, there is a solution available to you. Don't read it!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
6 :moo:

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Rubbish idea; it curtails discussion and debate. It's not all about making your point and buggering off; a good discussion can help to persuade, inform and bring out extra detail in the argument.

If you don't happen to like a thread, there is a solution available to you. Don't read it!

Huzzah to that

Sent from my phone cause I can

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
So here it is the CheeseRolls Dullard charter;

Not sure if it is practical to introduce, but I am struggling to see a downside.

No more than 5 posts in any one thread from any one poster. If you can't make your point within that limit frankly you are a total bore and should do everyone a favour and stop droning on.

Collateral damage will include classics such as what's playing on my itunes right now and the word association game :bigwave:

Still leaves plenty of scope for the opinionated to share their wisdom with the rest of us across a wider spectrum of topics.

It would definitely ruin the word association game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
7:moo:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
2 Sorry folks real life got in the way.

By post 6 most people are either reduced to no you are, or are sharing an in joke with a small clique of friends.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
What about poor Falmer? His 'chemtrails' thread has, currently, 727 posts - and he's made 255 of them!

Quick precis for those who haven't read it: Shoreham airport was involved in 9/11 and there are chemical storage tanks there that the government use to keep the 'stuff' that they put in jet planes which then spray it out all over the country. As you can see you need a LOT more than five posts in order to get that idea over!

I think you are doing him a disservice, what about his revelations about the Rothschilds controlling the Worlds weather a bit further into the thread? :lolol:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Maybe, rather than a limit per thread, it could a limit per site.
a) Thus, no-one allowed to post more than 15 times per 24hr day,
b) Or maybe a weekly quota - max 100 per week
c) Monthly 500?
d) Annual 10,000?
z) non of the above [freedom of speach / democracy maintained]

Mods to choose .....
Or a poll maybe ....

Choices, choices

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's a f***ing shit idea. What is it with normal members of this forum coming up with with their own rubbish ideas for how to run this forum? Let Bozza and the brownshirts deal with it. There's f*** all wrong with it as it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here