Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hove 'IT consultant' travels on home-made forged tickets

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Why does he look like he is pitching to Dragons Den?

Jonathan-Moore-court-case-001.jpg

Now THAT my friends is proper IT hair!

The product of sitting playing Warmallet or whatever all night whilst eating KFC and Pizza.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
He would have been better off forging and selling the tickets . You need to think big.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Presume he was travelling First Class (or whatever it's called these daze) for it to be 12k over two years Hove to London?!?!? Surely a sensible thing to do as I'm sure their tickets come under less scrutiny than cattle class - as long as you're wearing a half decent suit and reading a half decent broadsheet you could be Leonardo Di Caprio in Catch Me If You Can in terms of your ability to deceive.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Today's story is about the sentencing.

"... was today given a suspended sentence and ordered to pay back the fares."

Yeah, I know, I saw that .... but none of the comments are about the sentencing, they're about the crime itself - and that IS old.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
How did he get through the ticket barriers? ???

I'd imagine he put a simple magnetic strip on the back of his tickets with the correct data to pass on through.

Or more likely, the ticket "didn't work" and he showed it to the person at the barrier who simply let him through.

From what I understand barriers at Railway Stations always have to manned.

I'm not an expert, but I'd imagine producing something to get through a ticket barrier is far from rocket science. I used to work with a very clever TV engineer, who worked on Network 7 (remember that?) on Channel Four in 80s.

They managed to create a piece of card (like a railway ticket) that could be used to take cash out from an ATM. Cash machines have moved on since then, but creating a cardboard ticket to fool the railways must be a piece of cake. What I'm surprised about is that no-one has done it before. In fact, I wouldn't surprised if people are doing it all the time.

Last edited:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I used to work for a print and design company and wondered how feasible it was to forge daysaver bus tickets on the right stock paper when the boss was out. Never carried it out, though.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I used to work for a print and design company and wondered how feasible it was to forge daysaver bus tickets on the right stock paper when the boss was out. Never carried it out, though.

I'd imagine very very easy.

I know a bloke who works in bank security and he told me (although I can't confirm it) that there are many dodgy Oyster Cards in circulation.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Bet this consultant guy works for IT First :smokin:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Stupidly easy, my friend uses a forged bus ticket all the time. Personally I would rather pay the fare, suck it up and sit easy.

I really dislike spending money on trains though, between my season ticket and the odd ticket to london and back every other weekend they eat my money for appalling service.

This guys a knob for being part of the problem but a legend for trying.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
B&H Buses saver tickets would be insanely easy to forge if you worked in a printers - not sure it'd be worth it if you had to pay for the cardstock though!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
From what I understand barriers at Railway Stations always have to manned.

Correct the safety case requires the barriers to be staffed, if no staff gates must be left open.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd imagine very very easy.

I know a bloke who works in bank security and he told me (although I can't confirm it) that there are many dodgy Oyster Cards in circulation.

To be fair it was on a Dutch website recently how to make your own Oyster card :thumbsup:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
"Fare-dodgers like Moore are robbing the rail industry of £400m a year, money that could otherwise be invested in better services for the vast majority of law-abiding passengers who do pay for their rail ticket."

Ahem, or share dividends to already rich shareholders methinks.
you really are quite ignorant about the stock market and its workings aren't you, what do you think the breakdown of stock ownership is between private individuals and institutions such as pension funds or insurance companies ? Just typical politics of envy which has sadly revealed your woeful lack of understanding of the equity market.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here