Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hove & Born Special Reporto on the Sponsors Dinner....

D

Deleted User X18H

......what a pleasure it was to meet all the guys............. more follows

D

Deleted User X18H

Nice to meet Hiney (again) Hans Kray FC Kylies Stunt Arse, Lush . Buzzer , and especially Yorkie and the lovley Mrs Coach great hosting and interesting chat from Guy ...........a good evening although not as well attended as last year neither DK nor Ken Brown showed up.

D

Deleted User X18H

OGH testimonial likely to be against Pompey ........Gatting denied being Brighton Bear .............try Fraser.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not a particularly special report, I have to say.
What would it have been like if you couldn't be arsed ?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
I can report that the food was yummy - the company was great - and it's well worth joining in with the NSC sponsorship appeal next year, if only for the chance of going along to this excellent event!
Guy Butters is sooooo naughty! Hiding the bread basket indeed! (If only I'd thought of it first! lol!) I can also confirm that he has an aversion to strawberries ("damn fruit") and does a fantastic Peter Kay impression with a lump of garlic bread between his lips!
Nicky Forster told me he has "at least two good years in him" after I cheekily asked him how long he had left in football, and both of them (and more as long as he can still run!) would most definately be at Brighton, where he LURVES it, and an interesting fact - when I asked him who he thought would be player of the year - in ALL his career, he has NEVER been voted player of the year.
Would that swing the late votes in his favour? After all, Tommo has YEARS ahead of him!!!
Thanks to everyone for tonight, especially those who sponsored my little girl and the old man for their bike ride. It was really kind of you xx

And for the gourmands amongst you. It was baskets of garlic bread and pitta bread on the tables, followed by a hot buffet selection of rice, curried chicken, beef bourginon, cheesy new potatoes, veggie pasta and a strange side dish of chinese spring rolls and samosa's! Pudding was flan, or chocolate tart with a strawberry compote with sliced strawberries. Coffee or tea, with mini chocs. Tim got a heart one!

Last edited:

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
buttersandfozzy.jpg

Please note that Nicky rightly has some sort of halo above his head!

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
It was indeed a good evening. My better half sponsors Steve Thomson. Top bloke, asked about our rivalry with Palace and he then of course mentioned he played for Palace in the 5-0 nightmare match and also the 0-0 return at Withdean! he is good mates with Dougie Freeman, they went to the same school although in different years.

He thinks our away support is superb (noise and numbers).

Malcolm Stuart should have been the other Albion person on our table but he is recovering from hip surgery (went in for a replacement but they decided he didnt need it!)

Spoke to Harty, he also mentioned he hopes his match is against Portsmouth. There are still tables left for his benefit meal, so if anyone wants to go contact the club!

Andrew Whing is a Villa season ticket holder, always has been always will be. He said he likes to have friendly chats with Referees and apparently was interested in how being in front of an FA panel feels, so needs a few more bookings this season (if you reach 15 yellow cards you are automatically charged by the FA!)

Quite a few players had to leave quite early as the reserves are playing today.

The BHAlbas (Scottish supporters) made a surprise appearance this year (they sponsor Harty), the 2 that turned up live in Falkirk so they had a chat with Thomson about his last club! It fitted in with half term so they were able to make the Luton match and the sponsors meal.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Alan, did you get my shirts done? and which players signed them x

Yup. Can't remember who exactly, but about 15-20 names on each one, and all were quite chuffed that the Brighton fans won on Friday. They passed on their congratulations. Tommy Elphick was pleased and proud to the point of embarrassment about the money raised for the signed shirt (£300), so much so it caused Tommy Fraser - now there's someone who'll never join the Diplomatic Service - to comment in his fine, lucid and elegant way...

'£300 for a Tommy Elphick shirt. Who the f*** bid for that?' Charming.

Decent evening all round, except for Dean Wilkins who looked like he'd been Maced. Fair play to hm for turning up at all, under the circumstances.

I sat with Dean Cox (who now thinks - wrongly, I might add - I'm a total pisshead. I was TIRED OK?) and Lloyd Skinner. Good to talk to Coxy who said pretty much the same as last year - he is very extremely proud to be playing for Brighton. The money - for him - is not a major issue in playing for the club, and desparately wants to be able to play at Falmer for Brighton.

The players were in good form, and were very gracious and happy to sign shirts and talk to us pseudo-booblehatters. You have to stop and think to remember that some of this lot are only just out of their teens, yet they are put through this evening of smiling and talking to people they hardly know. However, they take this all in their stride, and are all excellent ambassadors for the club.

Joel Lynch, it seems, is the emergency goalie, according to Dean Cox - even though he'd had a go himself in training.

Oh, and Sonny Cobbs appears to be the new heart-throb among the laydees.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here