Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hove Advice Please

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Heading to Hove this weekend, but the friends I'm staying with only moved there for a fortnight ago, so they don't know the area too well yet.

Therefore, any advice anyone can give regarding decent pubs in Hove for a Friday or Saturday night would be much appreciated, as would any info about good Indian or Chinese restaurants and takeaways in the area.

They live a couple of minutes away from the cricket club.

Thanks in advance.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Ashok on Church Road is cheap and cheerful. Most pubs in Hove are pretty crap actually you're best off heading into Brighton.

Sussex Cricketer is okay for a quiet drink, Biscuit Factory off Palmeira Square is okay if you don't mind not being able to hear your friends talk. The rest are very much local in their outlook. Whaever you do don't go to Wetherspoons in George Street.

Last edited:

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I think the Ashoka now has a late bar underneath, or it may be the Ganges next door, can't remember I was drunk :jester:

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Get a taxi to the hikers rest.Great atmosphere and plenty of crumpet.Nearly forgot the barman is Welsh:wave:

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I live 200 yards from the Cricket club towards the station. Hope you're not turning up on my doorstep uninvited

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Jello said:
I live 200 yards from the Cricket club towards the station. Hope you're not turning up on my doorstep uninvited

Unless you're Welsh or French I won't be heading for your place.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Why French?

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Depends what you're after. Freemasons is always busy with some nice ladies, Hogshead cheap, The Albion old mans boozer, The Station load music full of tossers, my regulars Conqueror, Coopers Cask, Farm, Robin Hood.
Hove Place is only any good in summer as they have a good garden with heaters etc. inside its shite

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
Laughing Bluebird?

Drink in any pub around churchill square and the roads of it.You can't go wrong mate.Even all the pubs around Brighton station are fine.

Better still head into the lanes

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hove Born and Bred welcomes outsiders.

Give him a call, I believe his house is the one with the 50ft leylandii

:lolol:

Jul 20, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Heading to Hove this weekend, but the friends I'm staying with only moved there for a fortnight ago, so they don't know the area too well yet.

Therefore, any advice anyone can give regarding decent pubs in Hove for a Friday or Saturday night would be much appreciated, as would any info about good Indian or Chinese restaurants and takeaways in the area.

They live a couple of minutes away from the cricket club.

Thanks in advance.

PUB: Conqueror - (and if you're in there Friday evening I would like to add you owe me a beer)
Chinese restaraunt Jade
Chinese takeaway - Tongs - possibly in Brighton as it's the wrong side of Waterloo St.
Indian - Ashoka (NOT the Ganges next door - which was plain evil last time I ate there)

If your friends want a MASTERCLASS in the glories of Hove I feel entirely qualified to help them

Jul 20, 2003
Jello said:
I think the Ashoka now has a late bar underneath, or it may be the Ganges next door, can't remember I was drunk :jester:

It might have been 'The Greenhouse Effect' - in which case you were VERY drunk

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Re: Re: Hove Advice Please

pevenseagull said:
PUB: Conqueror - (and if you're in there Friday evening I would like to add you owe me a beer)

Where is it in relation to the cricket ground?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here