Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

House of Flying Daggers

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Or buy it for 9.99 on DVD from CD-wow region 3 and watch it i the comfort of your own home.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Meade's_Ball said:
First two thirds of that film are quality. Playful, ambitious and full of mesmerising set-pieces.
The last third was GASH.

Aw, I had you down as a romantic. I loved it all, including the Greek Tragedy last third.

Like your description of the first 2/3, sounds like my lovemaking.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Hungry Joe said:
Aw, I had you down as a romantic. I loved it all, including the Greek Tragedy last third.

Like your description of the first 2/3, sounds like my lovemaking.

I am a romantic, but i like my love dotted with realism. I didn't believe for a second that any of those characters had any real feeling for one another. Which i felt was a let-down. Just as the end of Hero was.
Zhang Yimou must do better soon or i might send him a letter.

I'm getting Hero to review this week, i think. Booty.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Meade's_Ball said:
I am a romantic, but i like my love dotted with realism. I didn't believe for a second that any of those characters had any real feeling for one another.

You've got a point there, I think I put it down to the Oriental face being less expressive, or harder for us Westerners to read more accurately. You see, that's why I'd never make a critic or reviewer, I get far too wrapped-up in the whole thing to see any flaws in anything I like. At least I can get those roses I'd bought for you for next month back out of the bin now. :)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Hungry Joe said:
You've got a point there, I think I put it down to the Oriental face being less expressive, or harder for us Westerners to read more accurately. You see, that's why I'd never make a critic or reviewer, I get far too wrapped-up in the whole thing to see any flaws in anything I like. At least I can get those roses I'd bought for you for next month back out of the bin now. :)

I prefer Quality Street.

How come you've started using :) :Ds?

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Meade's_Ball said:
I prefer Quality Street.

How come you've started using :) :Ds?

Ok.

I was planning to hold out to 1000 posts but Chappers caught me out on 900 odd when I replied with his smilie quote which is, technicaly speaking, posting a smilie myself (check out your 'who should go first' thread if you can be arsed). After that it all seemed futile so I've been smilie'ing away, but I am trying to limit their use.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here