Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hotels in Madrid

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I think I'm the only British person who's never been to Spain. However, I'm rectifying that by taking my girlfriend to Madrid in June.

I'm looking at all the hotels on Expedia, and NONE of them seem to do B&B or half board... it's all room-only.

Is this a regular Spanish thing, or an Expedia thing? Is there anything I can do to at least get B&B?

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
I am going to Spain for the 1st time in may to watch the Grand Prix and a stag do at the same time:clap2:

Try this for B&B's mate

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
There are loads of Hotels in the centre that do half-board.
Been to Madrid a few times a nice place.
Better than Valencia only problem with Madrid it's not near the sea otherwise A1.
If you don't like crowds then watch out Saturday night as EVERYBODY and I mean EVERYBODY is out for a walk by 8.00PM.
Very clean city does not take long from the Airport.
Have a good time.

Highfields Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bullock Smithy
Last summer I stayed at the High Tech Arturo Soria hotel in Madrid - Bed and Breakfast only.

Hotel was smart, clean and had air conditioning.

It's not in the centre but is a minute's walk from Ciudad Lineal Metro station; it's about a 20 minute tube ride to the centre.

Clapham Old Mug

Aug 6, 2004
Clapham
I shouldn't worry too much about B&B. Unless you're staying in a 4/5 star place, Spanish hotel breakfasts are not really for eating...
Go for the typical Sp breakfast in a local cafe - coffee, churos and a glass of brandy. It's much better for you.
Don't know your girlfriend's view on the matter - but you wont spend a lot of time in bed in Madrid (other than the essential siesta). No one eats lunch before 2:30 or dinner before 9:30. Horse racing starts at midnight and people start thinking of going home at about 4:30. Find somewhere to stay in the Plaza Santa Ana/Plaza Mayor/Gran Via area and you'll come home tired - but happy.

Clapham Old Mug

Aug 6, 2004
Clapham
Afters - I know Real Madrid has just thrashed the pants of Barcelona CdeF, but I hadn't heard they'd claimed the Ramblas as a prize. Not a bad idea, though...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here