Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hot Debate - Primate testing

Grendel said:
Drugs and vaccines currently in use for treating epilepsy, tetanus, polio, smallpox, tuberculosis, whooping cough, measles, heart disease, diabetes, kidney failure, leukemia etc. etc. were all either tested on animals or developed as a direct result of animal testing. Gene mutation and PCR techniques tested on animals have helped isolate the genes or abnormalities responsible for Huntingdon's, Alzheimers, muscular dystrophy, cystic fibrosis and multiple scelorsis, Parkinsons and motor neurone disease.
I'm sure you're right, but I bet they were also tested on humans after the animals,as I said before ,paedos and rapists should be used.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
s.stubbs said:
I'm sure you're right, but I bet they were also tested on humans after the animals,as I said before ,paedos and rapists should be used.

So a rapist is worse than a murderer then?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Billy the Fish said:
Not far off. Would you rather be raped or killed?

Why are you offering?

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
s.stubbs said:

Some have been, some haven't but that wasn't really what I was trying to get across. I was trying to illustrate more that animal testing can prove things.

Sep 18, 2003
1) Its the law. New medicines have to go through this testing.

2) Its the law because the weight of scientific opinion is that it is the best way of judging a new medicines safety.

If you cut out the animal testing, there would be more cases like those poor buggers currently in hospital.

Incidentally, with the seriousness of the incident, there will be more publicityand ultimately, as a result, will probably be more animal testing. There will then be more protests.

End result: Less medicines.:down: (including the one I need for my boy)

Gemini

Mar 3, 2006
If it was a new drug, why wasn’t it tested on only one person?
Although still not ideal with hindsight, it would have minimised the anguish 6 families are now going through.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
Gemini said:
If it was a new drug, why wasn’t it tested on only one person?
Although still not ideal with hindsight, it would have minimised the anguish 6 families are now going through.

Because you've got to have a big enough sample for it to be a valid scientific test. This is a very tragic accident but all the participants knew what they were doing and accepted the risk.

Of course, this would be the problem with using murderers and rapists as you couldn't rely on them to provide honest feedback if they were forced into doing it.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
dougdeep said:
So a rapist is worse than a murderer then?

Both Equally bad IMHO....

...although not as bad as Illegal Immigrants.

:jester:

Jul 20, 2003
I'm gonna get me a monkey and go into The Body Shop and TEST some of their products

if the tree huggers complain I'll just point out that L'orial OWN them (pending)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here