Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hostile Reception

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
The sending off of Bridcutt was justified as he got there after the ball and could have easily broken the opponent's leg.

Lua Lua was unliucky in mistiming his tackle, the fact that it was Andy Monkhouse is neither here nor there as he was not directly responsible for the broken leg. No foul - but should they have kicked the ball off instead of scoring the third goal? - may not have known he was that badly injured as he would have been behind the play at that time.

... and yes, I was there.

Olebut

Nov 4, 2010
Gloucestershire
The best reaction will be for us to beat them by several goals, so I suggest a great ovation everytime one of our lads touches the ball and stony silence when they do

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Myself and the rest of the F-troop will be in the Family Stand so I bet the taxi-load of Hartlepool fans are breaking into a sweat as we speak.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
The sending off of Bridcutt was justified as he got there after the ball and could have easily broken the opponent's leg.

Lua Lua was unliucky in mistiming his tackle, the fact that it was Andy Monkhouse is neither here nor there as he was not directly responsible for the broken leg. No foul - but should they have kicked the ball off instead of scoring the third goal? - may not have known he was that badly injured as he would have been behind the play at that time.

... and yes, I was there.

If I remember correctly, Monkhouse made several "heavy" challenges that day and appeared to forget that he was actually after the ball! The ref just waved play on or didn't have the balls to do anything about it. He had a poor game overall.

As for today, we should treat them as just another means to secure three points, give them a sound trouncing and send them back to Northern Monkey land with nothing.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think our lads need to play their normal game, if we get sucked into a 'war' then the match will be a 50/50 which Gus no like......our fans on the other hand should get stuck right in, like we should every match. We've got a bit of a reason to have a go at the 'pools players today, so it'd be rude not to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here