Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Does Hoskins omission from the DS game at Charlton indicate that he's in contention for the Leeds game, or has he had another injury setback? I very much hope it's the former as I still think he could be the answer to our recent goal drought!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He's tweeted that his family are in Nottingham and his wife has just had their third baby. If his family didn't move to Brighton when he came here, it's understandable why he got depressed last season and wanted to go out on loan nearby. He did say it was easier to get back to Nottm from Bristol than it was from Brighton.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He's tweeted that his family are in Nottingham and his wife has just had their third baby. If his family didn't move to Brighton when he came here, it's understandable why he got depressed last season and wanted to go out on loan nearby. He did say it was easier to get back to Nottm from Bristol than it was from Brighton.

His whole family were living here last season, not sure now. Or if she just went back to Nottingham for the birth.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
His whole family were living here last season, not sure now. Or if she just went back to Nottingham for the birth.

You're probably right, but he did pass some comment about being fed up when injured as Nottingham was far way. It does seem strange to go back to their home town just for the birth. I'm putting 2+2 together =5.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It does seem strange to go back to their home town just for the birth. I'm putting 2+2 together =5.

With two other children and a husband who COULD be about to feature in football matches around the country I would say its not a surprise at all that she would go home to presumably her parents for the birth and the immediate period after the birth. Also she may have had the other two at the same hospital and trusts the staff and facilities there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With two other children and a husband who COULD be about to feature in football matches around the country I would say its not a surprise at all that she would go home to presumably her parents for the birth and the immediate period after the birth. Also she may have had the other two at the same hospital and trusts the staff and facilities there.

Knowing the nature of his 'job' would you not expect his wife and family to follow him when he moves to a new club, or am I expecting too much? I am working on the principal that when ever a pub came up my wife always said it is your job I will go where you go for work or is she an exception to the rule.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
“@Hosky_7: After losing a baby last july this little girl has brought so much joy to us. Along with my boys, every parent knows, there's no bigger Love”

No wonder the guy was all over the place, and wanted to be around his family.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Maybe she wanted to be around her parents for the birth and immediate aftermath

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
“@Hosky_7: After losing a baby last july this little girl has brought so much joy to us. Along with my boys, every parent knows, there's no bigger Love”

Exactly. I don't recall this being reported at the time (and after all, why should it as it's a very sensitive private matter).. but it would certainly account for some things last season... just goes to show that perhaps some fans berate players far too much - they are still human and some things in life are more important that football form.
Poor guy, that must've been horrific for him and his family.

cornish seagull

cornish seagull
Feb 25, 2011
cornwall
Exactly. I don't recall this being reported at the time (and after all, why should it as it's a very sensitive private matter).. but it would certainly account for some things last season... just goes to show that perhaps some fans berate players far too much - they are still human and some things in life are more important that football form.

This

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003

I was about to post something rather cynical about how Hoskins is seemingly going through the A-Z of reasons not to available to play until I saw this. Just shows you how as fans we only get a glimpse of what goes on with players. I'm pleased for the guy and I hope he comes back to prove himself with us and make his family proud.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Poor fella that must have been a really grim time for him and his family. Sums up perfectly now why he was not really showing any form last year even though he was injured a lot of the time. Hopefully this will get him back in a good frame of mind and playing football again.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

This
Exactly. And there are too many on this board that don't know the facts and make them up instead, pretending to be "in the know".

It must have been awful for him last year.

And this.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
My wife had a miscarriage on the day of the Ipswich game, so I totally understand how he would have felt.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Knowing the nature of his 'job' would you not expect his wife and family to follow him when he moves to a new club, or am I expecting too much? I am working on the principal that when ever a pub came up my wife always said it is your job I will go where you go for work or is she an exception to the rule.

I was under the impression that she has followed him and is just going "home" for the birth

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here