Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
But Tanno is the greatest player at the club. The usual rules don't apply to him.

Even Champions League winner Vicente had to be eased into the team.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Playing for Bristol Rovers in a completely different system? But of course, Hoskins must be FAR better than Barnes because as we all know Barnes is crap (even though he has scored 7 and assisted 5 goals this season, does the job Poyet asks him to do well, and has improved immeasurably since he came here).

Ahh come on, 4 of the 7 goals have been penalties.
Hoskins scored 20 goals in a crap Bristol Rovers team last season. Scored two against us at The Memorial Ground. Two decent goals as well.
I'm not saying Ashley Barnes is rubbish, I'm just saying Will Hoskins is more clinical infront of goal, Barnes snatches at chances infront of goal - maybe because of his age and experience.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Hoskins to start - I reckon it's one of the few options Gus has to make the changes he's suggesting so it's not a real critcism of Barnes but I think Gus might just be looking at making 3 or 4 changes to break the run ... who knows? But I reckon there'll be more than 1 surprise in the starting 11 with some of the more obvious choices on the bench in case it goes wrong

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Was he ? Thought he was 1 million but I'll take your word for it. Even so at the time he was our costliest player for thrity years.

Hoskins was undisclosed, but reported to be around £500k. (Incidentally, with add ons, the signing of Zamora ended up totalling £510K, supposedly)
Buckley was £1m

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He will definitely be starting in place of Barnes tomorrow.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
.................. Ankergren .....................

Calderon......Greer.....Dunk.......Vincelot

.............. Bridcutt ... Sparrow ............

Lua Lua ............ Vicente .......... Noone

......................... CMS .....................

This please

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Hoskins scored 20 goals in a crap Bristol Rovers team last season. Scored two against us at The Memorial Ground. Two decent goals as well.
I'm not saying Ashley Barnes is rubbish, I'm just saying Will Hoskins is more clinical infront of goal, Barnes snatches at chances infront of goal - maybe because of his age and experience.

Hoskins 45(2) starts (sub), 101 shots, 48 on goal, 20 goals
Barnes 38(11) starts (sub), 71 shots, 34 on goal, 20 goals

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I so hope Hoskins does play - he looks like a single minded goal machine. Barnes on the other hand looks like ... er .... er .... well ..... Barnes!! Superficial I know but hey, I'm in that kind of a mood today because we're playing again tomorrow and I can't wait!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;4450066 said:
.................. Ankergren .....................

Calderon......Greer.....Dunk.......Vincelot

.............. Bridcutt ... Sparrow ............

Lua Lua ............ Vicente .......... Noone

......................... CMS .....................

This please

I'd put Hoskins ahead of Lua Lua purely because I'm not sure about 2 out and out wide men. Not happy about Sparrow but tbh no better ideas unless we go for a wild card which I think we may see. Otherwise in agreement

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Really don't think Gus will play both Lua Lua and Nooney to start with.

Nooney to start and Kaz on the bench.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I fully expect and will be disappointed if he does not start, I think we need his pace and creativity up there with CMS.

Barnes to come off the bench

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom

Ok, so now give me evidence that Hoskins is more clinical in front of goal? I think Acker79s stats disprove that theory...

Yes, 4 of the 7 have been penalties, something which we struggled with badly last season and he has been clinical.

Sent using Blackberry Crumble

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gus is gonna switch a few things around... I would NOT be surprised at all if Hoskins is a beneficiary of that... and Vincelot one way or another...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Gus has said that Vicente will start tomorrow and I hope that Hoskins will also as having seen hiom pre season, granted it was only Burgess Hill etc but he linked up really well with CMS so much so that I think that both will benefit from the partnership. Add Vincelot alongside of Bridcutt and perhaps we are on the way to winning again.

Last edited:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
It's easy enough to say "Hoskins should start", but really the more complicated thing is how the team will be set up to allow him to start. CMS, Vicente and Noone must all be dead certs to start, so what balanced formation can be suggested that also accommodates Hoskins?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here