Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I believe he is fit, if that is what you mean. Been good since Liverpool I think

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
I haven't seen him play yet this season!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Why the hell wouldn't he start?

We haven't exactly been winning games recently.

One would assume he wouldn't be match fit. Plus Barnes as much as I don't rate him has still be scoring and to be fair to the lad playing well. Also I don't think you can harbor much of the blame for our recent slump on the front line.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Plus Barnes as much as I don't rate him has still be scoring and to be fair to the lad playing well..
Scoring yes - a few pens dont forget, but his general play in the last few games has been woeful, he controls it further than I can kick it, there is much improvement needed from him aswell as the midfielders.

I would prefer Hoskins and CMS, with Barnes on the bench at best.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
OK if he is fit why the beep - doesn't he get a game?

Well, there's fit and there's match fit. He might need to be eased back into the team, playing the last twenty one week, second half the next, ten maybe start and come off after 65mins, etc.

There's also the issue of if Gus thinks there is a place for him in the starting line up, whether because he is happy with whoever (I'm presuming Barnes) is his rival for a spot in the team (I know a fair few people like to criticise involved-in-12-of-our-goals Barnes, and so they wuld presume he is easy to drop, but, a fair few people seem to think Dicker offers us nothing but he is continually picked (even going back to last season when we ran away with the league, so it's no guarantee that jst becausethe fans think barnes is offering nothing, doesn't mean that's how gus sees it).

Or maybe there isn't a spot in the starting line up for him because what Hoskins brings to the team isn't what Gus feels is needed for the tactics he wants to play in the game.

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
I still firmly believe that Hoskins will end up being our player of the season.....if he can steer clear of any further injuries. He will form a great partnership with CMS.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I still firmly believe that Hoskins will end up being our player of the season.....if he can steer clear of any further injuries. He will form a great partnership with CMS.

I hope so. I also have great hopes for him.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Scoring yes - a few pens dont forget, but his general play in the last few games has been woeful, he controls it further than I can kick it, there is much improvement needed from him aswell as the midfielders.

Spot on Somerset. I was thinking the same. Hoskins could pretty much play the same role/position as Barnes does, but to greater effect. ie Holding the ball up and converting more goal-scoring chances.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

I disagree and don't get wrong as I said in my last post I'm certainly not a Barnes fan but I think he's been doing ok. Oh and don't write off the importance of having a decent penalty taker in the side given the amount we win (must have been close to 20 last season and 3 or 4 so far this season). I appreciate we can't play the guy just because he can take a good penalty.

I'm more concerned about the form of Calde and whether Painter is actually up to the job or not.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Spot on Somerset. I was thinking the same. Hoskins could pretty much play the same role/position as Barnes does, but to greater effect. ie Holding the ball up and converting more goal-scoring chances.

And on what basis do you think that? How many times have you watched Hoskins play compared to Barnes? A 20 minute cameo against an already broken Cardiff? Playing for Bristol Rovers in a completely different system? But of course, Hoskins must be FAR better than Barnes because as we all know Barnes is crap (even though he has scored 7 and assisted 5 goals this season, does the job Poyet asks him to do well, and has improved immeasurably since he came here)

And that isnt to belittle Hoskins, because I too think he will be a major factor this season, I just think a few people have got it into their head that Hoskins must be a far better player with no actual evidence of that.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

I'm not sure about player of the season, but I think once he is in the team and playing regularly he will bring the best from CMS. I don't care too much for naive commentators and biased fans from other clubs who make ill-informed judement, IMO CMS is ridiculously good but needs support, Hoskins is the man to provide it! I expect GOALS when they are firing together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here