Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins needs to start tonight!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The lad is quality, just what CMS needs to get him scoring again, a player that can hold up the ball, pass well and has good vision. Give him a few games in the team before we sign this "big money striker" just to make sure we haven't already got the man in our squad.

I completely agree. The thing is, he is being played out of position yet is still getting into good goal scoring positions, so I don't think you can judge him purely on his goals, although it would be nice to see him get off the mark.

OurPrice

Nov 22, 2012
I thought Spanish Dave was pretty woeful on Saturday, but I will give him one more chance tonight, as I have a horrible feeling that the alternative is Hammond (no creativity, and well, just shit really). Lua Lua could be worth a start?

Dec 29, 2011
It was on that site which nobody is allowed to read that Barnes is on Peterborough and Sheff Utd radar for January.

Interesting, I wonder how much he'd go for being young but also only having 6 months left on his contract. I doubt they'd be willing to pay more than 500k, and I doubt Gus or Ashley would want to leave for that amount either.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
On Saturday he was excellent (particularly in the first half) in everything except finishing. I particularly enjoyed his linkup with Bridge that involved a backheeled one-two to nutmeg the defender.

He faded in the second half but he probably isn't fully match fit yet.

If he had taken one or more of those chances he'd have been MotM by a country mile

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Hoisking definitely needs to start. Not so sure about Lopez. If he hasn't improved his dead ball delivery then someone else has to take them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought Spanish Dave was pretty woeful on Saturday, but I will give him one more chance tonight, as I have a horrible feeling that the alternative is Hammond (no creativity, and well, just shit really). Lua Lua could be worth a start?
IMHO he was very good for the first half and faded badly n the 2nd half and based on his performance when he came on I wouldn't even consider Lua Lua for the bench but having said that I do know he can do better so would perhaps consider him on the bench.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I hope it is the same team as started on Saturday and if like Saturday Lopez tires why not try Dobbie as the centre of the 'wheel' to distribute the ball to all around him.

That could work :drool:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Yes, he needs to start so once again some can praise him for doing the exact same things they slag Barnes off for. Only of course we're not bored by Hoskins yet - not enough to write him off anyway.

Barnes has proved over more than two years he is not good enough. I can not believe how people have slagged Hoskins off after two games. Give him half a season at least before casting judgement.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Barnes has proved over more than two years he is not good enough. I can not believe how people have slagged Hoskins off after two games. Give him half a season at least before casting judgement.

Completely agree. Hoskins has had 2 good games although yes he should havee scored a couple Saturday. Shocking team selection

D

Deleted member 2719

With the team selection it appears Gus is like a fighter on the ropes,just hanging in there..................waiting for second wind to floor the opponents, which is the big money striker in Jan.

Let's just hope he gets two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here