Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HORSE RACING INFO (free for 1 week)

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
HampshireSeagulls said:
Got it, and put a low-stake patent on the three of them. Didn't use any from the main mail, nothing high enough to warrant playing with. Let's sit and watch how these come in!
did you win much?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
empire said:
did you win much?

1st, 2nd and 3rd! Yep, won enough considering I was only on mini-stakes for this one! £3.50 for £14.40.

Interesting piece of software you seem to have come across, let's keep looking at it on the slightly longer term to see how it nominates horses.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
LONG overdue post, this...

Come on folks, just think about this for a moment whydoncha before you piss any more of your money up against the wall. Truth is that anybody with even a passing interest in horse racing can break even or make a modest profit on each way betting. That’s what it’s there for. It’s a sort of safety net, in case some crappy nag with nothing whatsoever going for it pops out of the pack to nick it on the line from the favourite. Always assuming the ‘name’ jockey on the guest ride isn’t being paid more to hold it up than he is to ensure it wins. Which is far from certain. Continuing on the ’think about it’ theme, if you were pretty sure what would win the 3:30 at Warwick, would YOU spread that information around, thereby flattening the price? Of course you wouldn’t. Sure, the subscription tipsters talk a good game. But then they have to, cos that’s where they make their money. From the subscriptions, rather than the racing. If you don’t believe me, just take one look at the Channel-4 racing pages on Teletext. Every page has HUGE flashing notices saying things like: ‘YANKEE OF ALL TIME ON THURSDAY!’, ‘COLOSSAL 20/1 SHOCK WINNER!’, ‘COUP NAMED IN 5 SECS THURSDAY!’. Think I made those up? I got them off setting C4 Teletext on page 550 and watching them flash up before my eye. In about6 ten seconds flat.

Just say no, kids :nono:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I love Dennis Bergkamp.

My accumulator just came in for tonight!

Barcelona 11/10 Won
Juventus 4/6 Won
Arsenal 1/5 Won
Udinese 8/11 Won
Bayern Munich 8/13 Won

Hardly rocket science, but Arsenal gave me a sweat for a while!

£5 is magically transformed into £58.60!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
man u let me down,one team let me down:angry:

Last edited:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
empire said:
man u let me down,one team let me down:angry:

Blame it on Shrek. Unbalanced the side, unsettled the whole match. Write to the deformed little fucker and ask him for your stake back, I'm sure he can afford it.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
HampshireSeagulls said:
Blame it on Shrek. Unbalanced the side, unsettled the whole match. Write to the deformed little fucker and ask him for your stake back, I'm sure he can afford it.

doubt that very much, his missus probably spent it :jester:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
lol,wonder how many dream teams will suffer because of his lunacy.looking forward to some good runners today,keep up the good work chez and moggy

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
terrible odds on Climate Change. No 'tip' about it. The bookies are well ahead. 7/10 rating my bum. Nothing 'insider'about this one. My granny probably knows it's got a good chance.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
There's only one horse i fancy today, Sir Sandrovitch in the 5:10 at Ayr... But knowing me i'll have a go on a couple more today as it's my day off!

:dunce:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Anyone going for the footie tonight? UEFA is a bit of an unknown quantity, not as happy betting on these as I am on the Champions League. Suggestions?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Just got the latest selections through using the new software, I know it says "watch", but I am going on a Lucky63 for this one. For a tiny lay out (£1.26) I stand to make £15,482.94 if it all comes in! Not betting with serious money on this because it's still in the testing phase...but it worked for me yesterday, placing 1,2,3 on the horses.

It also says that there are seven races, but only six have been sent through - is Moggy holding out on the big one from us?!

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
whats the difference between a patent and a round robin please lads :wave:

p.s. i cant google it as college computers have a ban on gambling :angry:

Last edited:

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Ooh ITV7s - they were fun.

I had six winners, and in the last race a favourite three lengths in the lead coming to the last hurdle with JJ O'Neill on board...

"ooh he's hit it hard and he's unseated his rider...no wait what an amazing recovery, he's still in the saddle"

Ended up coming second for a consolation £250. Would have been £1,500 otherwise, and this is 25 years ago when £1,500 bought you about 5,000 pints. :drink:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Deano's Right Foot said:
Ooh ITV7s - they were fun.

I had six winners, and in the last race a favourite three lengths in the lead coming to the last hurdle with JJ O'Neill on board...

"ooh he's hit it hard and he's unseated his rider...no wait what an amazing recovery, he's still in the saddle"

Ended up coming second for a consolation £250. Would have been £1,500 otherwise, and this is 25 years ago when £1,500 bought you about 5,000 pints. :drink:

So, despite being 25 years ago, you have managed to put it behind you to the extent that you can remember the name of the jockey, commentary, length lead.....:D :D :D

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
hampden park said:
whats the difference between a patent and a round robin please lads :wave:

p.s. i cant google it as college computers have a ban on gambling :angry:

I think a round robin is doubles only (3 bets) but a patent also includes the treble and the singles (7 bets: 3 singles, 3 doubles, on three-fold)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here