Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Horrific dental experience

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I got asked who shot me after a visit to the dentist in my late 20's, turns out that the pellet didn't just bounce out when I was shot in the face at 16, the pellet was clearly visible on the x-ray he'd taken. I went to Roehampton hospital for a minor procedure to cut the gum and fish out the pellet that was sat above/around the roots. They did that, found nothing; they then decided it had entered the sinus cavity and said they wanted to drill through the jaw and remove it. OK I said, the drilling through the jaw bone really is quite horrible, vibrates through your head. They had problems getting through, I was surrounded by 3 of them, one of them saying he'd never seen anything like that done under a local before. It was horrendous, especially when they sucked out the pellet and put my sinus' under negative pressure, awful feeling. I left, pale and shaky wondering what the hell had just happened, having to drive home as I thought it was going to be a minor procedure.

I then started suffering from sinus infections, whole face swollen and puss burst through my gum. Infection kept returning after antibiotics so had surgery to go in through the nose to the cavity and clean it out - this time under general. Infections returned again so there was repeat surgery, going in through the jaw. They realised that I had a split sinus cavity on one side so the bit they were cleaning out wasn't the infected area, so they had to break through and clean it all out one final time. The last operation resulted in them packing out the cavity with something like bandages - I had to return after a week to have them pulled out through the hole in my jaw. It was like some sick magic trick with this endless bandage coming out of my mouth - horrendously uncomfortable and this twattish seragant major type saying "good patient" as I yelled. He was used to dealing with facial injuries in the Northern Ireland troubles and took his military bed manner into the private sector.

An absolutely horrendous experience that lasted years, I suffer sinus headaches now when I get a cold as a result. Don't get shot is my recommendation. It's not worth it.

I also lost a tooth when a dentist did route canal and a crown, ramming the post through the tooth root and hence causing infections endlessly. Tried to pursue the dentist for compensation before finding out most private dentists are a collection of self employed dentists and when he left I had no comeback. Tossers.

for **** sake ....i don't know wether to laugh or cry......caaaaaaaaannts.....!! sorry btw....:down::mad:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yep.
Had to have a few molars out in the past 10 years or so. My very good dentist tried to take out the first one but, despite being highly efficient, she didn't have the energy to yank it out. At one point she was nearly astride me, I kid you not, yanking away. A few years later I needed a couple more out but she sent me to another dentist in Lewes with the instructions to take someone with me to drive me home. Still got 6 left, two of which are shattered but I'm not letting anyone near them.
In the past, well 50 plus years ago, I broke all my front teeth and spent months at the dentist. In those days thing were different and I can remember the monthly pain of having roots removed and caps put on. Still got 6 caps across the front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here