Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horce racing & banning the wipe.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Jockeys couldn`t give a fig about animal welfare, its just that they are going to get whipped themselves - in their pockets.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Jockeys couldn`t give a fig about animal welfare, its just that they are going to get whipped themselves - in their pockets.

Well that is bull. How many Jockeys do you know? I happen to know quite a lot as it happens and they all love animals. They wouldn't choose to work in a profession in which you risk breaking every bone in your body everyday. And they get paid very little wages. For a lot of jockeys they loose money when they ride because their pay is less then it costs to get there and back. They often don't get a day off for months. So your accusation there is incorrect.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Well that is bull. How many Jockeys do you know? I happen to know quite a lot as it happens and they all love animals. They wouldn't choose to work in a profession in which you risk breaking every bone in your body everyday. And they get paid very little wages. For a lot of jockeys they loose money when they ride because their pay is less then it costs to get there and back. They often don't get a day off for months. So your accusation there is incorrect.

First time in history that they strike and it is because of MONEY.

Never ever trust short people. They are always cruel to animals and greedy.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
First time in history that they strike and it is because of MONEY.

Never ever trust short people. They are always cruel to animals and greedy.

Do you realise how much money the how much the average jockey gets paid and how much damage a ban does to their career do to loosing out on rides?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Do you realise how much money the how much the average jockey gets paid and how much damage a ban does to their career do to loosing out on rides?

No, tell me.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
No, tell me.

They get around a £100 a race (slightly more for jump racing) and 10% of winnings. And this not a big amount for jockeys that are not at the top when you think that the chances are they could only have one ride in a day and not even 1 ride a day for a lot of jockeys.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They get around a £100 a race (slightly more for jump racing) and 10% of winnings. And this not a big amount for jockeys that are not at the top when you think that the chances are they could only have one ride in a day and not even 1 ride a day for a lot of jockeys.

100 quid for a 5 furlong sprint. Money for old rope.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You`ve convinced me countryman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here