Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hope 'Insider' gets a good night's sleep...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...Just had a look at the questions / comments and general spleen venting that awaits him tomorrow... :ohmy:

He should ignore them all and just concentrate on his day job.

It's meant to be an info servive not a rant line. Ring BBC SCR with that shite, they're used to it.

Last edited:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
London Irish said:

I sort of agree. But when you establish an excellent -- and unprecendented -- service of the kind he has, you are obliged to carry it through.

Any decision to stop answering fans' questions (even the sort that would not have been answered by any normal club press officer) would be a disastrous PR move.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
London Irish said:

It's meant to be an info servive not a rant line. Ring BBC SCR with that shite, they're used to it.
An info service?? Is that not what the website is for?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
How was that harsh, I meant it sincerely, I hope he is fit soon and challenging for a place in the team.

Maybe the choice of the words "missing link" was unfortunate, but I really think that he is what is missing from the midfield, the sooner he is back the better as we never looked the same after he was injured.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Gully said:
How was that harsh, I meant it sincerely, I hope he is fit soon and challenging for a place in the team.

Maybe the choice of the words "missing link" was unfortunate, but I really think that he is what is missing from the midfield, the sooner he is back the better as we never looked the same after he was injured.

WOOOSH.....

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I asked Insider what was going on when I bumped into him at the game...he didn't really have much to say on the matter :nono:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Bry Nylon said:
...Just had a look at the questions / comments and general spleen venting that awaits him tomorrow... :ohmy:

Not from me! I'm censored from asking him by the gastapo! (mods) :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I spoke at length to him on the phone last night and he is as concerned as the rest of us. paul is a fan through and through, who is good at his job as the press officer.

I know people do not like to hear this, but I am getting seriously concerned that El Knightio has made a fau pas in getting rid of McGhee when he did. He has left DW to pick up the pieces without the luxury of being able to sign enyone until the Transfer window break. People were moaning last week about Williams, but yesterday I thought he ended up running round like a headless chicken. Our distribution from midfield was pathetic ( hammond and carpenter were woeful) and what is DW doing with the defence......Why keep chopping and changing....what exactly did Rents do so badly that he deserved to be dropped?

paul will answer the points made, but calling for DK's head is not something he can answer is it?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Dave the Gaffer said:
I spoke at length to him on the phone last night and he is as concerned as the rest of us. paul is a fan through and through, who is good at his job as the press officer.

I know people do not like to hear this, but I am getting seriously concerned that El Knightio has made a fau pas in getting rid of McGhee when he did. He has left DW to pick up the pieces without the luxury of being able to sign enyone until the Transfer window break. People were moaning last week about Williams, but yesterday I thought he ended up running round like a headless chicken. Our distribution from midfield was pathetic ( hammond and carpenter were woeful) and what is DW doing with the defence......Why keep chopping and changing....what exactly did Rents do so badly that he deserved to be dropped?

paul will answer the points made, but calling for DK's head is not something he can answer is it?

Maybe Dick Tight should answer the questions and not the lapdog

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ernest said:
Maybe Dick Tight should answer the questions and not the lapdog

Yes but he is the press officer - hardly the lap dog is he?

DK did answer questions at teh meet the fans thing didnt he?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I agree with LI, I always saw the 'Insider' function on here as a genuine way of getting sensible answer about the running of the club, and policy - and bringing to the attention of the powers that be particular issues that might be done better.

You are never going to get sensitive financial information, or early warning of transfer targets. The club site is the place for that. Neither will you get dissent with DK, obviously. He's the guy's employer. We can do that elsewhere for ourselves.

It's not a rant line, and I think Paul would be well within his rights to can it if that's what it becomes. It was a good initiative, yes of course sometimes he can't go as far as people would like in his answers. But if it's abused, I'm sure it will disappear.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I do wonder if people seriously expect him to answer some of the questions.

Saying that i don't think it would do any harm for Dick Knight to face a fan's forum or go on the Harty phone in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here