Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoopers Hooch And Two Dogs

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Can you still buy these "alcoholic lemonades" which sold in their millions in the late 90's - the appear to have disappeared off the face of the earth?

I remember Merrydown who brewed two dogs under licence making a fortune for a while.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
maffew said:
MD 2020 seems to be making a come back on the shelves I notice, anyone ever drink that shit?

Mad Dog 20/20!! Bottle of that on the bus, waste a quid on line up in the arcade, then down the Top Rank Suite!! Fake ID, fool the bouncers, get upstairs, have a fight, brag about it all on the bus home, miss school the next day with the hang over from hell!

Happy days!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I remember being about 16 and out in Brighton one time.

Some friends and I stood nervously around the corner of an offy near the King Alfred for ages trying to pluck up the courage to go in and buy a bottle of 20 20.

We did in the end, and boy was that a painfully sickly hangover afterwards

:lolol:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Hooch has been gradually phased out by Coors in the UK though I think it may linger in some student bars.

Two Dogs has various licence agreements around the world but I don't think anyone has a UK agreement for it any more.

The whole alcopops market has been gentrified by Smirnoff Ice etc and is in pretty serious decline. Diageo is launching a bourbon-based product called Slate 30 (might be 20) which is designed to attract slightly older males. That means people aged between 24 and 30.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here