Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoofball Virgo Wastes Extra Time

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Just back home from the game

Only downside - was just when they get a bit nervous after we scored our second - and had 4 mins injury time to play

Twice we had the ball - and rather try to pass it through midfield - which Cox and Carole had just been doing rather well - ball goes to Virgo, who sends aimless hoof's upfield - giving possession away the first time like this, ensured they kept the ball for most of extra time, when we finally get ball back, it goes to Virgo, who does the same again!!!

Still he looked a lot fitter than last game I saw, which was the 4-4 result at Wycombe

Team are definitely being taught how to play a decent passing game by Mr Poyet - long may it continue!!

A win against Milwall that I'm in the north stand for would be nice now

Can't believe how much noise the upper North Stand made when Tommy equalised - as by far the most noise from either set of fans all day

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
On the radio they said that Poyet was saying to hoof it up there. Maybe he was following orders?

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
think poyet meant get higher up the pitch as a team - i.e pass their way down to villa goal - not just kick and hope

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
we're the right side, we're the right side, we're the right side brighton boys!
proud to be a brighton fan. outsang the villa. they've only got one song!!!!!

Derbyshire Seagull

Oct 21, 2005
Just back from game

The support was superb. I was over in the Trinity and there was a little patch of Albion fans there amongst Villa.

Thought we did pretty well. I was worried it could get embarrassing when they scored early but we played some decent stuff

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Agreed. Disappointed with Villa though- counter attacking against a League One side at home. Makes me feel aggrieved that we lost but they didn't dominate the game. However of course we deserved to lose- but we can hold our heads high.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Don't get carried away, you lost to a sub standard Villa team who've played 3 games in 6 days.

You were always going to outsing them, Brighton at home is clearly a nothing game for them, Palace would of been as well.

See you in the 5th round draw...

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Villa fans really summed up Premiership fans of the modern day, no cohesion in getting chants going, to many prawns. However the hospitality they gave my boy and dad in the corner flag suite was of a very high standard. My boy lost his Nintendo DS, the Villa staff turned up 20 minutes later, and returned it to him, fair play.

Camp Freddy

Sep 23, 2004
Wiltshire

Only downside - was just when they get a bit nervous after we scored our second - and had 4 mins injury time to play

Twice we had the ball - and rather try to pass it through midfield - which Cox and Carole had just been doing rather well - ball goes to Virgo, who sends aimless hoof's upfield - giving possession away the first time like this, ensured they kept the ball for most of extra time, when we finally get ball back, it goes to Virgo, who does the same again!!!

Still he looked a lot fitter than last game I saw, which was the 4-4 result at Wycombe

Team are definitely being taught how to play a decent passing game by Mr Poyet - long may it continue!!

A win against Milwall that I'm in the north stand for would be nice now

Can't believe how much noise the upper North Stand made when Tommy equalised - as by far the most noise from either set of fans all day

Bit harsh judging Virgo on last 2 minutes of the game. He put some immense tackles in today. Most teams the world over play hoof ball in injury time when they are chasing the game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Very harsh as we needed to get the ball into the box as soon as [possible and hope for a break like Leeds got against Spurs.

I would go as far as to say Virgo was our MOM.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Shame we didn't force a corner at the end as FDM may have come up and scored a bullet header.

Cue FDM jumping in the crowd.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
we're the right side, we're the right side, we're the right side brighton boys!
proud to be a brighton fan. outsang the villa. they've only got one song!!!!!

One of the downsides of today a completely pointless and non sensical chant, why people keep on chanting this astounds me. I prefer chants related to Brighton not We're the left or right side which means nothing and I wouldnt think it encourages the team.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Virgo does not deserve this kind of stick for yesterday's performance, or indeed recent performances. I think he has got his head together now, he looks fitter and his old game has come back as a result. If he can keep this up, he might even be worthy of another 2 year contract.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Virgo does not deserve this kind of stick for yesterday's performance, or indeed recent performances. I think he has got his head together now, he looks fitter and his old game has come back as a result. If he can keep this up, he might even be worthy of another 2 year contract.

Agreed, made a couple of errors but did well I thought.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
One of the downsides of today a completely pointless and non sensical chant, why people keep on chanting this astounds me. I prefer chants related to Brighton not We're the left or right side which means nothing and I wouldnt think it encourages the team.

you really are quite a dull miserable old man ain't you. cheer up a bit not like it was the only thing that was sung yesterday

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
you really are quite a dull miserable old man ain't you. cheer up a bit not like it was the only thing that was sung yesterday

I was stood on the side not behind the goal and didnt hear hardly any other chant but despite all of that it was a good day and showed us the heights we have to aspire to reach,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here