Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Honours for Olympians

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I take it now that the standard has been set, by Dame Kelly Holmes.
Becky Adlington will now also be a Dame.

Not wishing to do a Mystic Stat and jinx Bradley Wiggins, but as he's going for 3 he'll be crowned King!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I take it now that the standard has been set, by Dame Kelly Holmes.
Becky Adlington will now also be a Dame.

Not wishing to do a Mystic Stat and jinx Bradley Wiggins, but as he's going for 3 he'll be crowned King!

nah, Kelly Holmes had over 10 years performing at the top level. Adlington will get an honour of some sort but probably won't become a dame until she retires after a long career.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
we have spent £500,000,000 on these so called "sportsmen and women" on coaching,support and "compensation"for not being able to have a job due to training commitments.

we will be lucky if they return 50 medals (of all grades and that includes team sports such as relay racing at the rate of 1 per athlete)at a hopefull cost of only £10 million each.

we are committed to spending £700 million on team support for the london games because we cant expect the poor dears to work for a living

AND YOU WANT TO GIVE THE FUCKERS KNIGHTHOODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
we have spent £500,000,000 on these so called "sportsmen and women" on coaching,support and "compensation"for not being able to have a job due to training commitments.

we will be lucky if they return 50 medals (of all grades and that includes team sports such as relay racing at the rate of 1 per athlete)at a hopefull cost of only £10 million each.

we are committed to spending £700 million on team support for the london games because we cant expect the poor dears to work for a living

AND YOU WANT TO GIVE THE FUCKERS KNIGHTHOODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure as hell don't as I'd have thought the heavily ladden sarcasm in the Wiggins comment would have proved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here