Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Home Kit - if only!

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
After the successes in the transfer window it feels like the club has been 'relaunched'. I know it won't happen for obvious reasons but wouldn't it be great if we could announce the new era with a change of home kit in mid season. I'm of the opinion that our present kit with its predominance of white is extremely nondescript. It actually makes our boys look insignificant against the away kit of the opposition. Even our supporters don't look right in it!

I would favour a predominance of blue in our striped shirts but darker with blue shorts and mainly blue socks (rather like the kit we had in the early 70's). As I said, it won't happen, but given the indifference shown to our current kit at the beginning of the season we should begin to let the club know our feelings in advance of next season.

Anyone else in NS Chatland agree?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Yes, I totally agree.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
agreed!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
THe kit this year is IMO poor - too much white in it. I agree about blue shorts too.

THe away kit is horrible too (but my son likes it!) and why oh why did we go for a third strip that is also blue!! I still await to see what we will wear at Millwall?

I would like a red/black strip like we had a few years ago. (Stripes a la AC Milan)

Can we also have SKINT back please!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Poor kits this year. I'd imagine that's been reflected in sales.

Hopefully IT Tits will go bust and we'll have a new sponsor next year...:jester:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Poor kits this year. I'd imagine that's been reflected in sales.

Hopefully IT Tits will go bust and we'll have a new sponsor next year...:jester:

What a terrble thing to say, hoping a business goes bust. What difference does it make who our sponsor is, if they pay the money?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Do Bukta still make football shirts? Bring them back!

(providing they now know how to make ones that don't scratch your tits off, of course)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do Bukta still make football shirts? Bring them back!

(providing they now know how to make ones that don't scratch your tits off, of course)

Ugh. You've reminded me of an old Villa kit I wore to astroturf footy once, the stitching on the back of the badge did an absolute number on my nip. Blood central.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Agree, kits this year are poor again!
Hopefully next years kit is more like the older styles, but thats partly down to the new badge, would much rather we still had the circular one. I liked that kit we had one-off with the skint written in red a year or so back, i think it was against doncaster?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I disagree - the dark blue and yellow away kit is one of my favourites EVER (in 37 years anyway).

I did prefer the home shirt with more blue on the back rather than the white, but not enough to get excited about - or suggest that it effects the players or fans psychologically in some way ??

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
brighton___hove_albion_1991-1993-bo.gif

Bring this foxy number back mmmmmmm

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I like this years kit, but I really (really, really) want us to bring out a pink away kit.

:love:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
the pink kits of the past made us a laughing stock!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
mmmm, that millwall top is quite nice. imagine that will a big seagull in front!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here