Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Home from Sheffield and I saw it live

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
It was right in front of us and I didn't see it as I was following the ball. But what was Barnes doing diving to win a free kick there ? We all know he is not the sharpest tool but he needs to concentrate on the ball not winning free kicks by cheating. And if he must do it - don't do it there.

SWFC_FAN

Banned
Aug 4, 2012
I was right in front of the tackle on Calderon, and that would have been a very harsh red. It was a foul and slightly mistimed, but he didn't deliberately set out to hurt the player like Barnes did. It was made to look worse by your moaning CM who was trying his best to get Pugh sent off.

Camicus

SWFC fan another one to add to the ignore list. We were 1-0 down so game over Barnes should have got a red on another day it would have been a yellow but the ref had a shocker

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I was right in front of the tackle on Calderon, and that would have been a very harsh red. It was a foul and slightly mistimed, but he didn't deliberately set out to hurt the player like Barnes did. It was made to look worse by your moaning CM who was trying his best to get Pugh sent off.

I've seen it several times. I don't believe Barnes deliberately set out to hurt your guy. I think he had a rush of blood and lunged in wrecklessly/excessively, but not with intent to hurt.

I've not seen the foul on Calderon so don't know how fair the comparisons are. I know our commentator said a yellow is probably fair, but he said that on first view of the Barnes one (he later changed his mind when he had a chance watch a replay and said definite red).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here