Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holroyd

el_goodo_cufc

Mar 9, 2010
Ahoyhoy,

CUFC fan here. He's been with you for a wee while now, I see he's started a few games & is regularly coming on but has yet to score. Wondering what your opinions of him are?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Looks promising. Has a good touch and will mature into a striker who will hold his own at this level, in my completely unqualified opinion. Has surprised some by appearing to be ahead of Forster in the pecking order currently.

Ability wise - not yet as good as Forster or Murray. Looks like he will be better than Dickinson or Davies.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He look 11 years old.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He's still a bit raw, but he's pacey, works hard, has a decent touch and looks like he could develop into a decent striker at this level. I like him.
Got a face like a smacked arse though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A striker is supposed and expected to score goals so as yet he has failed to live up to expectation and in fact hasnt looked like getting anywhere near to the goal but it is early days and he is raw so give him the benefit of the doubt. He doesnt appear to be operating in unison with our other strikers as yet. Whether he will make it or not only time will tell.

If he doesnt look like scoring a goal very soon he will have NSC on his back that is most certain.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
He has lovely rosy cheeks.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Decent player, but hasnt ever looked like scoring, already seems to have turned into a winger in many respects, replaced lua lua a couple of times

el_goodo_cufc

Mar 9, 2010
Cheers for the replies.

Glad to see you're all fairly encouraged by him at the moment, good to see the lad has support. We, as fans, all felt he had the quality & ability to make it in League 1, so it's nice to hear y'all making similar noises too, though it's early days obviously.

With regards to his goalscoring, he took a while to settle in when he first joined us & that was even though he was technically dropping a level (we signed him from Chester, then in League 2), so I'm not overly surprised that he's taking time to adjust, especially with the leap in standard taken into account too. He's wasted on the wing (in my opinion, anyway), he can do a job there but you'll get the best out of him by allowing him to play off the last man, running onto through balls & ones over the top. He's turned into a bit of a poacher too since he first came to us - has a habit of being in the right place in the box for a tap in. He does massively rely on service though, as became painfully apparent when we embarked on our awful, awful run. He's not going to change a game all by himself. I do feel however, that given time he'll turn out to be a decent player for you. Shame you took him when you did though, being in a relegation scrap ourselves we could've done with him until the summer.

He does indeed have a tiny head, lovely rosy-red cheeks & looks about 12, you're quite right. And we're the true CUFC, thankyou :D Good luck for the rest of the season, being Brighton-based myself, I always keep an eye out for your results :thumbsup:

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
May find his feet next season a bit more,but if we were to get promotion, ( and im not saying we will) he dont look good enough atm for Champioship level,but who knows after a bit of confidence,( a goal or 2).

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I think he is going to be a very good player for us. He has great pace, a good touch and a willing attitide. Plenty to look forward to with Mr Holroyd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here