Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holroyd......Within the worst 5 BHA strikers of all time?

I couldn't make today's game but gather that Holroyd did virtually nothing as a striking force again.

Not wanting to bash the guy too much, I fail to remember him actually doing anything in the games that he has played.

Given that I have been watching the Albion for more than 30 years, I am now of the opinion that Holroyd is fast becoming one of our most inefectual forwards of all times.

Perhaps that is why OGH is being kept on the books as suitable cover?

Am I being overly cruel, or has the player hidden talents or a very wealthy benefactor who is paying the club to play games?

What do you think?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
We have had this before. There is potential there, he's young. He needs to go out on loan for a few months, score some goals, get some confidence.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Not wanting to bash him too much but asking the question whether he is within the worst 5 BHA strikers of all time when you wern't even at today's game?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I didn't think he was bad today. He made a few decent run into the channels and looked decent on the ball. The problem is he's clearly not suited to playing as a lone striker. It's a shame Barnes came on for him as it would have been interesting to see him play upfront with someone else.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
williams
mahoney johnson
hilton
adekola

there are four worse without putting any thought into it

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He needs someone to play up top with. Playing someone of his height in a 4-51 is hopeless. I actually think he did ok today anyway.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not wanting to bash him too much but asking the question whether he is within the worst 5 BHA strikers of all time when you wern't even at today's game?

Exactly. Mean, unnecessary, and totally unfair (even more so given that you weren't there today).

Stop the witch hunt eh?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Makes Jonny Dixon look like Wayne Rooney.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was a little better today than he has been but still didnt look like he could get in the box if the ball was there. I hope that he proves me wrong but I would suggest that he will not make it in Div 1. I think that we should either loan him out next season to a Div 2 or conference side or better still sell him and cut out losses. Unlike Barnes time is not on his side as he is 24 and not a youngster.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
ONce again, he finds gaps, that if players looked at him, they would see him pointing where the ball is. His foot work is fantastic. He can beat men. Theres lots of potential. Plus he's a late bloomer it seems.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I gave him a 3 after last weeks performance at MK , one of the lowest ratings I have given to an Albion player.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Don't be dickheads, I've already heard Holroyd getting ridiculous stick off people.

His problem is in the box, he doesn't seem to be in a position to stick the ball in the net. Admittedly that's a bad fault for a striker to have, I can't work out if it's something wrong with him or that he was used to playing a cirtain way at Cambridge. Between the halfway line and the 18 yard box his movement, hold up play and passing is actually very good.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Don't be dickheads, I've already heard Holroyd getting ridiculous stick off people.

His problem is in the box, he doesn't seem to be in a position to stick the ball in the net. Admittedly that's a bad fault for a striker to have, I can't work out if it's something wrong with him or that he was used to playing a cirtain way at Cambridge. Between the halfway line and the 18 yard box his movement, hold up play and passing is actually very good.

:clap2: This is correct.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I gave him a 3 after last weeks performance at MK , one of the lowest ratings I have given to an Albion player.

Shut up you miserable old sod. :)

Why do players have to be AMAZING straight away at our club, to be accepted? It's disgraceful some of the rubbish written on here. He doesn't deserve this thread, show some respect rather than hiding behind a screen and being critical. You're out of order, all of you.

The service he received today, and last week, was pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. We are, probably, the most uncreative Brighton team I've seen for a long, long, time. Very disappointed by us today, again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here