Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway Classic

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
from the BEEB

Plymouth manager Ian Holloway is looking forward to pitting his wits against the might of Real Madrid on 21 July after the Spanish giants agreed to play a friendly match in strange circumstances.

New Real coach Fabio Capello was desperate for his side to stay in Austria's Schloss Pichlarn Hotel, which Argyle had already booked, and agreed to play the match in return for exclusive use of the accommodation.

Holloway said: "Who are they to move us? I don't like it myself - we're Argyle, get out of our way! We'll leave something on a few of them and I don't think they'll like that too much."

:lolol: wish he could be are manager

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
the man is a prize cock , thank f*** we kept McGhee.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If we wanted a comedian, we could do better, but he does amuse me...as someone else's manager

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
So does doing a comedy routine make people ignore the fact you are a total long ball mechant and not really a very good manager? Seemingly it works for Holloway, and Martin Allen. Maybe McGhee needs to work on his act.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Silent Bob said:
So does doing a comedy routine make people ignore the fact you are a total long ball mechant and not really a very good manager? Seemingly it works for Holloway, and Martin Allen. Maybe McGhee needs to work on his act.

Has he got his little exploding car back yet?

Will he be doing a double act with Gully throwing buckets of glitter on the crowd?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
As does our manager amuse the masses....

I think he infuriates many rather than amuses them doesn't he?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Buck said:
Little bit of each. On the pitch infuriates, off the pitch guessing his post match text remarks always passes a minute or 2 in the pub and the velvet bag is a nice touch.

Ahh the velvet bag...I wonder if he has a new one for this season?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
We are now back at the level our finances dictate we should be at, if McGhee should prove himself, I hope the knockers do not wriggle with a myriad of excuses rather than accept that he is a good manager. I can already see DW getting any plaudits for us doing well but hey ho.

Should he fail to produce a solid and attacking team, the pro MMers like me, will be forced to admit he is past his sell by date at this club, as there can be no excuses for the shit that was served up late last season this year.

Bring it on :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here