Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway - a gambling man

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ok, 2 nil down and nothing to lose I suppose, but the gamble to bring on all three subs with 57mins gone certainly paid off didn't it :(

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only paid off because we started giving them acres of space to press forward. We were never going to hold on to the lead from that point on. We just looked a bit knackered. Maybe Cardiff game took a lot out of them.

Great to see CMS chasing down everything right til the death tho. What a top player that is!

Moonie

Jan 10, 2004
Personally I think it had nothing to do with what he did and more to do with what we did! Ie take noone off and sit back

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Personally I think it had nothing to do with what he did and more to do with what we did! Ie take noone off and sit back

I think it was a combination of the two. We just gave them too much space after the three substitutions.
Shame to have lost 2 points today but hey, 10 from 12, what a great start.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Only paid off because we started giving them acres of space to press forward. We were never going to hold on to the lead from that point on. We just looked a bit knackered. Maybe Cardiff game took a lot out of them.

Great to see CMS chasing down everything right til the death tho. What a top player that is!

Seemed to me that they had more bite after the change and started to gain the upper hand possession wise, and gave the ball away a lot less. Poyet set his stall out with the Dicker for Navarro sub I felt :(

100% agree about CMS. It's like watching Alex Revell, but only with even more work rate and 100% more class to his all round game :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here