Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hollingdean

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
'salright. Typical mix of council and private housing. You get more for your money house-wise and handy for Preston Park and London Road/North Laines.

Oct 25, 2003
Buzzer said:
'salright. Typical mix of council and private housing. You get more for your money house-wise and handy for Preston Park and London Road/North Laines.

north laine.

hollingdeans ok, there are worse areas of brighton

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I have a house in Hollingdean, Its alright, lately the fiveways area seems to be having a mini revival with delicatessens and a tin drum bar/restaurant, relatively inexpensive to buy there in relation to the rest of Brighton, never had any probs there at all.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Spent 6 years at the crestway (Top of Davey drive opposite shops) and it was ok. A few chavs in the flats at Tavistock etc but generally i enjoyed it there.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's the new Kemptown. There might even be hope for the 'Stabber'. I see that's got a sign outside saying 'Pub lease for sale'.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
tedebear said:
We've just spotted a property with potential for various reasons postcode BN2 3FS - is that Hollingdean?

Not quite but you've got some lovely pubs round there. The Roundhill, The park Crescent, The New Victoria(?), The Open House.

BN2 3xx postcodes rock!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
tedebear said:
We've just spotted a property with potential for various reasons postcode BN2 3FS - is that Hollingdean?
That's the Roundhill Cresent / Richmond Road area. Not sure if that's 'Hollingdean' or not (it's a bit more towards central Brighton than Fiveways).

Edit: Bugger, Beaten by Buzzer and Bracknell!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Lord Bracknell said:
Nope.

It's Ashdown Road, just off Roundhill Crescent.

More what I'd call "round the back of Lewes Road".

Thanks Lord B. to be fair I don't want to move from Shoreham and the property is officially a dive, but has a workshop and 9 garages....just what a family of racers needs...:lol: We'll see...

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Lord B, where would you say my area is?

I'm on Ditchling Road near Downs Infant School, but I don't think I'm in Roundhill or Hollingdean.

I've always been curious to know how to describe my area, I always end up saying "erm, near that BP"

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Bevendean Hillbilly said:
I have a house in Hollingdean, Its alright, lately the fiveways area seems to be having a mini revival with delicatessens and a tin drum bar/restaurant, relatively inexpensive to buy there in relation to the rest of Brighton, never had any probs there at all.

is it right the pub on 5ways (stanmer park i think) has closed down for good now

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
surrey jim said:
is it right the pub on 5ways (stanmer park i think) has closed down for good now
No, it's still open. It was shut for a fortnight or so over Christmas / New Year due to a spot of fisticuffs.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here