Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holland vs England - Nsc Official match thread

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
FalmerforAll!** said:
I can imagine you saying that in a Crocs on Tour video!Fair point,but I still believe theres always room for improvement

I've never been in a 'Crocs On Tour video', and don't plan to be.

There's room for a LOT of improvement.

Why play Johnson if he's going to be played as a winger FFS?!

Why play Frank Lampard when he's been utterly AWFUL in an England shirt for the past 18 months?

Yes, the result wasn't bad. The peformance was alright at times, and we had a few chances. But quite frankly, the opponents were a shambles, and even then our defending was a joke for their goal.

Main plus for me? Rio Ferdinand. He's hardly praised at all since his drugs ban thing, but he was quality tonight.
:clap:

Sep 12, 2006
FalmerforAll!** said:
I can imagine you saying that in a Crocs on Tour video!Fair point,but I still believe theres always room for improvement,and that we really didn't look bad on the whole.

Ashley Cole had a very good game

Mica Richards had a great debut

Rooney got his first goal in ages

They rarely looked like scoring

but we still managed to let them score :glare:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
That was the worst 90 minutes of International Football, I've ever watched. I lost count on how many times I started yawning through it, and bringing on Keiran Richardson who has only played twice for Manure this season sended me to absolute boredom.

BRING ON SPAIN! :jester:

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Complete Badger said:
Don't be silly - why would Mark be allowed to have his say on croc cam? He is an imposter of the good name croc, and the day he appears on the world famous crocs tv is the day I die:angry:

I'd like to think you'd take me with you if it did happen.

Filming is all I've ever contributed to it. And let's face it, I have the face for that job.

:)

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
Withdean Wanderer said:
Main plus for me? Rio Ferdinand. He's hardly praised at all since his drugs ban thing, but he was quality tonight.
:clap:

:lolol:

He was just decent IMO, why does he keep hoofing long balls to the opposition?!

Sooner we get King back, the better.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Ice Man said:
:lolol:

He was just decent IMO, why does he keep hoofing long balls to the opposition?!

Sooner we get King back, the better.

Ah yes, that one.

John Terry, on the other hand, is the best passer of the ball in the world.

:yawn:

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
Withdean Wanderer said:
Ah yes, that one.

I didn't say that did I?

I didn't see any long balls by Terry either. He keeps it nice and simple.

What a load of shit that was.
Another lacklustre performance, lacking any sort of apparent direction or formation. We suddenly looked confident and relatively organised, fluid, playing with confidence, teamwork in tangible moves etc. around the 85th minute - whereupon we got scored against!!

This thread is wrongly titled - it should say something about Middlesborough against Holland.

I realise it was only a friendly, but it's another underlining of how we are NOT going to win ANYTHING for another while - and not with this manager (even with his 'chirpy sparrar' sidekick Venables).

Let's face it, we haven't seen an England capable of mastering anything since Hoddle.

E

enigma

Withdean Wanderer said:
Ah yes, that one.

Because John Terry encapsulates all the qualities fans like to see in a player, never mind that he is actually quite over-rated. He's slow, and he's often lucky not to give away more penalties.He's a pretty good player but no better than Tony Adams in my opinion.

For me, the ultimate test is at international level and in particular the World Cup, and Rio was very good at both 2002 and 2006. The defence went to shit when he came off against Sweden. The defence was shit without him at 2004 as well.

Rio's problem is that he is seen as a big time charlie, and he struggles to motivate himself for the smaller teams. However, at the highest level Rio is more comfortable than Terry

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Basil Fawlty said:
That was the worse 90 minutes of International Football, I've ever watched. I lost count on how many times I started yawning through it, and bringing on Keiran Richardson who has only played twice for Manure this season sended me to absolute boredom.

BRING ON SPAIN! :jester:

REALLY? Worse than the Northern Ireland game? Worse than losing at home to Australia. Worse than the 0-0 with Macedonia just a short while ago? Surely you watched those?

I don't like 4-3-3 and I can't begin to make a case for the game being entertaining but that was as much the cloggies fault as ours. Some of the passing was atrocious on both sides. Frankly it did smack of a pair of teams full of overpaid prima donnas going thru the motions but the worst (note correct spelling Kev) game ever? Not even close.

Last edited:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I'm missing all the internationally-themed halftime pictures - of beefeaters and chavs for us, and windmills, tulips, and naked girls "riding" saddle-less bicycles for them.

What sort of an "official" international match thread is this...? :angry:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
thedonkeycentrehalf said:
Best thing about the game today - NO MOTSON.

Fine commentary by Steve Wilson. Didn't try to keep making dodgy jokes, didn't go overboard on the stats and ignored Lawro's bad puns.

Hopefully this is a sign for the future of commentary on the BBC.

Lawrenson is pissing me off. Getting paid by the BBC to pundit on England games and then slagging England off at every opportunity on the radio over here.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
enigma said:
Because John Terry encapsulates all the qualities fans like to see in a player, never mind that he is actually quite over-rated. He's slow, and he's often lucky not to give away more penalties.He's a pretty good player but no better than Tony Adams in my opinion.

For me, the ultimate test is at international level and in particular the World Cup, and Rio was very good at both 2002 and 2006. The defence went to shit when he came off against Sweden. The defence was shit without him at 2004 as well.

Rio's problem is that he is seen as a big time charlie, and he struggles to motivate himself for the smaller teams. However, at the highest level Rio is more comfortable than Terry

100% agree Terry is overrated, and is not in the best 3 defenders should be behind Ferdinand, King and Woodgate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here