Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holidays, and home games

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
With the fixtures out on friday,are you going on holiday after the season begins, and which games are you hoping you wont miss.

I fly out on fri 19th Aug and return, Tues 30th, will hopefully only miss Sat 20th, and possibly one midweek game.

Please,Please, not Palace at home on 20th, or /23/24 Aug

Last edited:

BrightonGuy

Jun 3, 2011
Brighton
well my holiday is the week after the first game of the season and we know its at home so i am hoping that i will only miss an away game

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The fixtures are out on Friday? Someone should have said...

In all seriousness, being an exile, I'll be doing the opposite to everyone else. I'll be planning my holiday to co-incide with home fixtures - I'll be starting this holiday booking process at approximately 9.02am on Friday. Can't wait.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
been getting grief from the mrs about booking flights to spain,,then realised england have 2 games early
in sept,so have booked them ,only maybe miss one game depending on internationalbreak

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
been getting grief from the mrs about booking flights to spain,,then realised england have 2 games early
in sept,so have booked them ,only maybe miss one game depending on internationalbreak

Oh, bonus there I didn't know about. We'll be away for 2 saturdays early Sept - hopefully one might be an international break.

Edit: Damn, doesn't do me any favours - just checked.

Bulgaria v England Friday 2nd Sept & England v Wales Tuesday 6th Sept. Probable no fixture Saturday will be the 3rd - we fly out on the 4th

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I set my stall out early for the summer of 2011. I made it clear a good 18 months ago that there was no way on god's earth that we were going to book any family holidays until the fixtures are out.

I want to be at every Falmer game, not sitting on some bloody foreign piece of land when the stripes are running out on the hallowed turf for the first few times.

Once they're out I will see if we can squeeze a trip in in between fixtures, but otherwise it's two weeks in this country somewhere, preferably taking in an away game on the way.

And very good wife that she is, Mrs Giraffe is happy with this. My definition of love.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
going away wed after the bank holiday, coming back on thurs so away 8 days,maybe one game missed

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Going on holiday during the football season? Are you mad?

I either go on holiday in June/ July OR go to the Lake District when we play Carlisle/ a Lancashire team, Yorkshire Dales for Middlesbrough, etc.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
we are away from 19 th to the 28 th aug so probably miss 2 games, hopefully only 1 at home

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
After Argus said today that we may have a home game on Friday 5th July have began s*****g myself.
Made wife and family go on holiday July 23rd to August 5th so that if we got a home match on Saturday 6th would be back in time.
Have no chance of altering flight from Faro if Friday night is first match. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
well my holiday is the week after the first game of the season and we know its at home so i am hoping that i will only miss an away game

This (although I secretly took cancellation cover in case the unthinkable happens and we are home on the same day as pride, I know it wont happen but i AM NOT missing that first league game)

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
With the fixtures out on friday,are you going on holiday after the season begins, and which games are you hoping you wont miss.

I fly out on fri 19th Aug and return, Tues 30th, will hopefully only miss Sat 20th, and possibly one midweek game.

Please,Please, not Palace at home on 20th, or /23/24 Aug

Bad planning, await fixtures then arrange holidays and weddings during the season summer break. It is so simple, nothing but nothing gets in the way of our footy !

BrightonGuy

Jun 3, 2011
Brighton
This (although I secretly took cancellation cover in case the unthinkable happens and we are home on the same day as pride, I know it wont happen but i AM NOT missing that first league game)

Pride was moved to a week later this year so we could have a home game on the first day and an away game when its on because brighton police force dont want to have both events on the same day. i am 99% sure our first game of the season is at home and second is away that is what i have planned for anyway

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Pride was moved to a week later this year so we could have a home game on the first day and an away game when its on because brighton police force dont want to have both events on the same day. i am 99% sure our first game of the season is at home and second is away that is what i have planned for anyway

What I meant by 'same day' I meant same weekend, I know it's incredibly unlikely and I know we THINK the first game will be at home, all i was saying was that for a small £20 fee I could cancel the wife and childrens holiday at the drop of a hat and get my money back, there is always next summer :)

BrightonGuy

Jun 3, 2011
Brighton
What I meant by 'same day' I meant same weekend, I know it's incredibly unlikely and I know we THINK the first game will be at home, all i was saying was that for a small £20 fee I could cancel the wife and childrens holiday at the drop of a hat and get my money back, there is always next summer :)

I kinda knew what you meant i was just putting the point out there because it justifies what i said earlier

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here