Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

holiday web sites

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
On the web, definitely. Would never ever use a travel agent again.

Oh, and none of that 'accomodation allocated on arrival' stuff. You might save a couple of quid, but you're almost guaranteed to be allocated the shabby accomodation that nobody else wants. go for named accomodation - and before making the booking, go to:

Hotel Reviews Holiday Reviews from Holidays Uncovered

or similar to see what other holiday-makers thought of your chosen accomodation :thumbsup:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I always use Expedia. It is the testicles of the dog.

I used to be a massive fan of Expedia, but my last two holidays First Choice beat them on price (not by much mind) hands down ..

I was surprised as much as you will be !!!

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham
use travelsupermarket.com, it compares destinations, prices, etc. :thumbsup:

Always book on the web.

In my experience, it can be worth finding the hotel's own website and contacting them direct by e-mail. Ask them a question along the lines of "I'm thinking about book a holiday with you through Expedia. They're asking €120 a night for a room. Is there any other site that you know of that can do it cheaper?" You might well get the answer "Book direct through us and you can have the room for €105 a night".

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Many people who comment on things like TripAdvisor generally do so because they are utterly intolerant.

Also -- I got a brill deal on a Greek island last year by booking direct using a tour operator's website.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here