Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To fellow NSC's who enjoy overseas holidays - if there are usually kids, teens or twenty somethings in your group, how are you planning to get around their lack of vaccinations for your holidays this summer?

It looks like recipient nations will require a bona fide record of double vaccinations.

This affects us.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
To fellow NSC's who enjoy overseas holidays - if there are usually kids, teens or twenty somethings in your group, how are you planning to get around their lack of vaccinations for your holidays this summer?

It looks like recipient nations will require a bona fide record of double vaccinations.

This affects us.

The Costa del Covid awaits, no need to any of that malarkey...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57199791

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seemingly no new green countries in this first review cycle, and Portugal rapidly shunted back to amber, meaning 10-days self-isolation upon return as of Tuesday morning.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seemingly no new green countries in this first review cycle, and Portugal rapidly shunted back to amber, meaning 10-days self-isolation upon return as of Tuesday morning.

Portugal 7 day average 547 cases and 1 death

If that is the threshold, we wont be travelling for a long time.

Places like Grenada have had 44 cases since last year and are still amber.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So the President of the USA is coming to England next week whilst UK people can go nowhere.......

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
So the President of the USA is coming to England next week whilst UK people can go nowhere.......

Sleepy Joe isn't coming on holiday though.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Anyone booking foreign holidays this summer were always taking a gamble. To be fair, there is also a risk going in this country but less of one.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
down the beach and in the back garden . . . . hoping some of our gigs hold. highlight being at a festival in Devon for a weekend at the end of July, which is at least mostly outdoors.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That'll learn ya! our guitarist heads down for rehearsal and home to London ok, have you been to the Indian embassy ?

Our best guess is that our dodgy proximity experience was either in the hotel restaurant where we had breakfast, in Five Guys where we had a milkshake (Biscoff flavour) or outside a pub I can't recall the name of on South Bank. It could also have been in The British Museum, but that feels unlikely as most people are moving pretty constantly, unlike the other places where we were stationary for a period of time.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
This past couple of years has cost "us" a fortune and now Boris has to be seen to be trying to replenish the Govt's coffers.
That won't happen if we all go abroad to spend our money so our option to do so has been necessarily limited.

I'll just save mine up and spend spend spend it when I do get to go abroad.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This past couple of years has cost "us" a fortune and now Boris has to be seen to be trying to replenish the Govt's coffers.
That won't happen if we all go abroad to spend our money so our option to do so has been necessarily limited.

You really believe that this has been done just to make people spend their money in this country?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Some Labour politicians and the scientists who criticise everything, don't want us travelling overseas.

Like you I'll save the money for future foreign holidays.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You really believe that this has been done just to make people spend their money in this country?

Whiney bastids in Cornwall and Wales will still moan, same as they always do. Oh NO! You mean we can't just bank your money? You mean we have to provide you with goods and services TOO? Sake!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Whiney bastids in Cornwall and Wales will still moan, same as they always do. Oh NO! You mean we can't just bank your money? You mean we have to provide you with goods and services TOO? Sake!

"...and we'll have more from the Rt Hon. Mr Preston-Park, Minister for the Regions, later in the programme."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here