Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Has anybody here ever used Wizz Air ?

Yes, they are the classic budget-budget airline that offer a basic service for a basic price but charge extortionate additional fees, flew to Kefalonia early this summer and looked at Wizz air from Luton as they don’t fly from Gatwick and their baggage fees and additional fees are quite extraordinary.

‘£19.99 flights’ end up being £300 with 2 20kg bags and hand luggage, easy Jet are a better value airline IMO, hand luggage included in the price & no weight limit, cheaper hold baggage costs and more convenient to fly from Gatwick for me as well. Plus, who the f**k wants to go to Luton?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wizzair are great - but their cabin bag allowance is smaller than most airlines and they do check *every* bag and will charge you £60 at the gate. It may have changed as a few years back they didn't even allow checked luggage but on my last trip to Bulgaria with them they seemed to.

Either way - it can be cheap if you travel light or stay within the rules. If not you can easily spend hundreds

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Yes, they are the classic budget-budget airline that offer a basic service for a basic price but charge extortionate additional fees, flew to Kefalonia early this summer and looked at Wizz air from Luton as they don’t fly from Gatwick and their baggage fees and additional fees are quite extraordinary.

‘£19.99 flights’ end up being £300 with 2 20kg bags and hand luggage, easy Jet are a better value airline IMO, hand luggage included in the price & no weight limit, cheaper hold baggage costs and more convenient to fly from Gatwick for me as well. Plus, who the f**k wants to go to Luton?

They do fly from Gatwick

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think I might book a trip to the Canary Islands for Feb half-term.........

Will book with TUI as at they do not fly if on the banned list and refund

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Boris let the canaries out of the cage on Thursday. I arrived in lanzarote for kids half term week on monday. 4.5 days to go of mid twenties before i return to covid island
What's it like?

I've been lucky so far with travel post covid. Got in some Excellent trips over the summer to Rome , bodrum , Mykonos and st Tropez.

I'm looking to go to tenegrief in a couple of weeks to stay at Ritz Carlton, but going to leave the flight booking to last minute.

Aim is also to spend Xmas in Mexico ... Mexico open and BA flying to Mexico city. Again , another last minute jobby

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Damn .... Not so appealing now with that hassle.

A lot safer though. If the flight is super cheap £120 for 1-2 week holiday seems a small price to pay

If the Canaries don't act and put in some controls, they will be back to square one in a flash as soon back on UK and other countries no travel list

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If the Canaries don't act and put in some controls, they will be back to square one in a flash as soon back on UK and other countries no travel list

I am in Tenerife and this is the fear. Already reports of full planes arriving with no testing whatsoever. They are trying to get it passed in law this week but appears there might be some resistance. Not sure why, because as you rightly point out if they don't they will be back in full lockdown in 3-4 weeks and nobody will be able to come anyway

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Flight was half empty. Hotel is 1/3 full. They are doing the best they can. We're having a good time with a pool holiday, when otherwise we'd be sat at home avoiding the rain. So, it was a good choice. We looked at Cyprus- but we'd have had to quarantine now. We are happy to be anywhere dry & warm right now

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Can’t think of anything worse than Lanzagrotty in half term week, and on top of that circa 4.5 hours on a sewer tube packed with annoying parents and their spawn. Twice

What's it like?

I've been lucky so far with travel post covid. Got in some Excellent trips over the summer to Rome , bodrum , Mykonos and st Tropez.

I'm looking to go to tenegrief in a couple of weeks to stay at Ritz Carlton, but going to leave the flight booking to last minute.

Aim is also to spend Xmas in Mexico ... Mexico open and BA flying to Mexico city. Again , another last minute jobby

See post above. Sadly Croatia, Valencia, thailand & Greek islands were off the travel list. & we're limited on travel dates by having school age kids - you'd love it 🤪

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Can’t think of anything worse than Lanzagrotty in half term week, and on top of that circa 4.5 hours on a sewer tube packed with annoying parents and their spawn. Twice

What's it like?

Reply is above 👍

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If anyone has had a cancelled holiday by Travel Republic be warned regarding refunds.

Was supposed to be in Fuerteventura this week but they cancelled it around two weeks ago eventually advising a refund would be paid seven weeks from departure date. I contacted them via their website as they no longer answer the phone and stated they are ABTA affiliated who advises refunds should be paid within two weeks.

Next day a mail arrives stating good news, we have changed our policy blah blah blah you will be refunded within two weeks, clearly if you advise them what they should do they will otherwise you accept waiting.

Suffice to say will not be using them again in a hurry.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
If anyone has had a cancelled holiday by Travel Republic be warned regarding refunds.

Was supposed to be in Fuerteventura this week but they cancelled it around two weeks ago eventually advising a refund would be paid seven weeks from departure date. I contacted them via their website as they no longer answer the phone and stated they are ABTA affiliated who advises refunds should be paid within two weeks.

Next day a mail arrives stating good news, we have changed our policy blah blah blah you will be refunded within two weeks, clearly if you advise them what they should do they will otherwise you accept waiting.

Suffice to say will not be using them again in a hurry.

I was booked with travel republic to go to Turkey last April, obviously it got cancelled- I was refunded at the end of May

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here