Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] holiday 20th May to Majorca

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Are you suggesting this photo of a typical UK holiday resort in the summer isn’t true?

3D8EA8D7-BD69-4085-9484-63AC1AEF0916.jpeg
F284BDA9-5930-469F-B025-D7057A93BE25.jpeg
BA56E454-EBCB-4E1A-81E2-9B0F656CA77F.jpeg

Seems good to me

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Speak for yourself I’ve been doing seven days a week for months and can’t wait to relax in a nice quiet Greek island for a week or two.

You still don’t need it, you want it.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What if Easyjet and the flyer say they’ve carbon offset the flight, by some money somewhere going towards the planting of conifers?

Personally, to me that’s always sounded too neat a solution for the pollution from billions flying. But what do I know.
They haven't planted a weed anywhere. Corporate publicity lies.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I have a holiday carried over from last year to Majorca and according to Tui the Travel Agent our holiday is still on for the 20th May.
I thought all holidays were cancelled or am I wrong?

TUI are still offering free changes of holidays in May and June to later dates which suggests they are not confident these will be going ahead. Might be worth moving to a later date when safer and more likely to go ahead whilst still free to change

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Anyone who "NEEDS" their holiday abroad should be made to isolate at their expense in a hotel when back and made to pay for their testing and a special entry tax of £1000 per person that goes straight to the NHS. If they so NEED their holiday then they can afford it.

Just a thought how about helping the tourist industry in this country. We also sell tacky shite in tourist shops to take home and there's Irish bars in most towns. Oh and you can have a proper fried English breakfast not cooked by some old washed up soak, who sought the good life in the sun years ago, telling you their life story at the first opportunity before they slink off to their trailer park.

**** that. I’m of to the Caribbean as soon as I can

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
When do you reckon?

I’m keen to get to The States and The Alps.

I’ve cancelled a trip we had booked for the end of May (Nassau), but most of the Islands are open now.......got one booked for end October (Antigua) that I hope will be ok. I think the US will be on the green list......good vacc programme and very keen to have a US/UK corridor. I’ll be looking at Florida or California in the new year

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
You still don’t need it, you want it.

You REALLY don't know what people need or what's going on in their lives. If, after a ****ing shocking year, I can get away safely to somewhere with low Covid rates and fully vaccinated then I'm doing it before my mental health finally tips over the edge and no amount of sanctimonious judging and being told I'm selfish (when you have NO idea what's been happening in my life) will stop me.

Neil

Eastie
Aug 27, 2010
Langney
going back to the original question , the reason for asking was to find out if I could get a refund

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I’ve cancelled a trip we had booked for the end of May (Nassau), but most of the Islands are open now.......got one booked for end October (Antigua) that I hope will be ok. I think the US will be on the green list......good vacc programme and very keen to have a US/UK corridor. I’ll be looking at Florida or California in the new year

I've got Cancun lined up mid August, so hoping it's a "green" destination when the time comes!

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
**** that. I’m of to the Caribbean as soon as I can

This was my immediate thought. If Irish bars and full English brekkies served up by some semi-retired, wrinkled old tart from Essex are what springs to mind when you think of a holiday abroad then you’re doing it all wrong.

That said, I do think foreign travel should be kept to an absolute minimum this summer, at least to countries where virus levels are high and vaccinations low. That most likely puts the kibosh on Spain.

Logically, it stands to reason that corridors (as seems to be the turn of phrase these days) might open up to select destinations as and when those factors begin to invert. At the moment, most of the nations leading the charge in terms of vaccinations are those in and around the Gulf Coast, but speaking from experience they are not great summer destinations due to the extreme heat - sunbathing in 45 degrees is not a pleasant experience for those of us used to the dank British climate.

Dorset and Cornwall for us this year (all being well), which we’ve done in the past and thoroughly enjoyed. I’m keeping some time back for the October half-term in case there’s the chance to do a week in Abu Dhabi or similar for a week, but I won’t lose sleep if it doesn’t happen. We’ll make up for it when the time is unequivocally right.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here