Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hold my hands up today

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
thought it was a great game yesterday,but i admit that i wasnt a navvaro fan,but i have changed my view after his performance yesterday,he and crofts were superb,:thumbsup:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Havent seen him play in the League since Boxing Day, and I was certainly more impressed. I still get the feeling he panics with the ball at his feet and he looks to offload as quickly as possible though; still has an eye for a pass though.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Navarro was born a carthorse, plays like carthorse, and will die like a carthorse.

Not his fault.....it's just in the genes.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Havent seen him play in the League since Boxing Day, and I was certainly more impressed. I still get the feeling he panics with the ball at his feet and he looks to offload as quickly as possible though; still has an eye for a pass though.

He does yes, but he offloads it superbly

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Navarro was born a carthorse, plays like carthorse, and will die like a carthorse.

Not his fault.....it's just in the genes.

You obviously dont got to games then, he has been superb recently

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
thought it was a great game yesterday,but i admit that i wasnt a navvaro fan,but i have changed my view after his performance yesterday,he and crofts were superb,:thumbsup:

I was saying on the ratings thread, it amazes me what different games people watch. I am a fan of Crofts but I thought he had a quiet game yesterday. Navarro had a very good first half but seemed to tire and gave the ball away too much second half. I thought Bennett and Dicker were fantastic though and gave us our attacking edge.

BatterSeagull

Aug 1, 2003
London
Spot on Finchley. The midfield looked class for most of the game yesterday. Navarro is getting better and better. Crofts, although not his best match, ran his socks off and Dicker and Bennett were superb. For too long we never had a midfield. Now we've got one to be proud of and still people moan!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He was outstanding v Millwall. It is great news that Gus knew this long before any of us seemed to notice. It shows why he is managing a football club and none of us should ever think of doing so. I have confidence that he will be correct on other decisions too, knowing who needs to go and who needs to come in.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Anyone who rated Navarro less than 6/10 yesterday couldn't have seen the game.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
The player who really stood out for me yesterday was Dicker....he hasn't got much of a physical presence, but he is a great tackler, and his footwork is VERY neat. The whole midfield worked really well yesterday, which translated into some excellent approach play and, as we all know, with any other ref we would have won comfortably as a result.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The player who really stood out for me yesterday was Dicker....he hasn't got much of a physical presence, but he is a great tackler, and his footwork is VERY neat. The whole midfield worked really well yesterday, which translated into some excellent approach play and, as we all know, with any other ref we would have won comfortably as a result.

Unbelievable, for me, he was the worst player in the midfield, sure he's neat but he tries silly pirouettes and back heels when has a much simpler option.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unbelievable, for me, he was the worst player in the midfield, sure he's neat but he tries silly pirouettes and back heels when has a much simpler option.

I agree and thought that Navarro had a good game Croft was ok but not as forceful as he has been and I thought that Dicker had one of his poorest games for us due to his pirouettes as you call them, he lost the ball far too many times. To his credit he won it back quite a few times but it stopped us or slowed us down going forward.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
dicker lost the ball at first a couple of times but did really well i thought other than that, esp in 2nd half and he really tries and navarro was good too.
However, crofts had a quiet game yet again, anonymous for too long for too many periods over the last few games and how anyone can think bennett had a good game is beyond me, he did a lovely cross in the first half but for someone who saw so much of the ball he created very little and doesnt deliver. whats really maddening is he`s got pace but doesnt take players on when he has loads of opportunities to and takes too long to decide what to do with it instead of just getting on with it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thisll be Navorro who lost the ball cheaply in the first half, granted he won it back but yet again it was to a namby pamby challenge, the same Navarro who gave the ball away time and time again whenever an opposition player so much as breathed on him, the same Navarro who in the last min did not get his foot behind the ball, when we were attacking in the edge of the box and as a result Orient went upfield and almost scored.

Gotcha.

The man is a liability and I really, really do hope he fucks off soon.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
navarro was great yesterday also calderon is prooving me wrong i thought he was a desperate signing but is a very good defender:wrong:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Thisll be Navorro who lost the ball cheaply in the first half, granted he won it back but yet again it was to a namby pamby challenge, the same Navarro who gave the ball away time and time again whenever an opposition player so much as breathed on him, the same Navarro who in the last min did not get his foot behind the ball, when we were attacking in the edge of the box and as a result Orient went upfield and almost scored.

Gotcha.

The man is a liability and I really, really do hope he fucks off soon.

You really do speak shit.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
You really do speak shit.

Why is it that anyone who doesn't agree with you, automatically speaks shit? I felt Navarro had a good first half but he gave the ball away a lot in the second half and if Orient were any good up front we might have been made to pay for one of them. I think Dicker and Bennett were great yesterday whereas others clearly don't. Doesn't mean they speak shit. Football is a game of opinions and if we all agreed on everything it would be very boring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here