Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HMV into admin tomorrow. Who next?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Jessops, HMV, Blockbusters. Sad to see the jobs go for sure but come on, who in their right mind couldn't see it coming for all of those. All their products can be bought cheaper and more efficently online and with more choice and less effort. Their crds have been marked for years now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I was surprised to see a Blockbuster the other day in Raynes Park I thought they had gone under years by. I miss going to video shop,spending ages choosing and then getting snacks.
I used to be a member of that very shop many years ago.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I used to be a member of that very shop many years ago.

Well I never, it didn't look in good shape, Myself and Les Biehn had a sniff around in there. Even their saled DVD's were all £8 or 2 for £15, no wonder they went belly up!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I was surprised to see a Blockbuster the other day in Raynes Park I thought they had gone under years by. I miss going to video shop,spending ages choosing and then getting snacks.

Know i've said it before but i have very fond memories of heading down the video shop on Baker Street, i think, and either having a close schnooze around to see what was on offer as a 15 or under, or take a note from my mother granting me permission to get out an 18 on her behalf. I had a very good mother who didn't pay much attention to ratings, trusting me and my siblings to be able to choose suitable watchings without her each time okaying it. So it was horrors aplenty. I think, though, she might have introduced a few rulings here and there when i rented Flesh Gordon in her name with a signed note from her insisting that she was unwell and would my child please bring home this film for her viewing.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
The HMv website has been taken offline now, i assume Blockbuster will follow shortly
Screen shot 2013-01-16 at 14.41.15.png

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Know i've said it before but i have very fond memories of heading down the video shop on Baker Street, i think, and either having a close schnooze around to see what was on offer as a 15 or under, or take a note from my mother granting me permission to get out an 18 on her behalf. I had a very good mother who didn't pay much attention to ratings, trusting me and my siblings to be able to choose suitable watchings without her each time okaying it. So it was horrors aplenty. I think, though, she might have introduced a few rulings here and there when i rented Flesh Gordon in her name with a signed note from her insisting that she was unwell and would my child please bring home this film for her viewing.

Haha. Flesh Gordon, Britannia video club whichI joined when at school kept trying to send that to me as their choice of the month, I also had 6 copies of Blind Fury with Rutger Hauer they kept posting to me and I believe I had a number of copies of Bruce Willis in Blind Date! Happy days, loved that mail order video club you could get all the 18's you wanted.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm shocked Blockbusters has managed to hold out for so long. Assumed it would've gone years ago.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Haha. Flesh Gordon, Britannia video club whichI joined when at school kept trying to send that to me as their choice of the month, I also had 6 copies of Blind Fury with Rutger Hauer they kept posting to me and I believe I had a number of copies of Bruce Willis in Blind Date! Happy days, loved that mail order video club you could get all the 18's you wanted.

hehe
I quite liked Blind Fury on its first Channel 5 screening. The boy in it was one of the sons from Baywatch, perhaps?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
hehe
I quite liked Blind Fury on its first Channel 5 screening. The boy in it was one of the sons from Baywatch, perhaps?

I think he was. I still have a VHS copy of Van Damme in Cyborg somewhere that Britannia provided for me, the fools hahah!

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
My son and future daughter in law have both lost their jobs today now HMV have completely gone in Ireland. My daughter in laws father passed away last night as well. Not a good week in our house that's for sure

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here