Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hitzlsperger becoming available...?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We were close to signing him I believe, but Everton got in there. Everton about to release him, as they are about to sign Odjidja-Ofeo who looks one for the long term, as Hitzlsperger was only short term. Had some injury problems, but has been making appearances for Everton and doing OK I believe.

Reckon we might see Gus go back for him ?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Interesting but I thought we weren't interested in him due to his medical history, he then went on to sign for Everton. He's obviously proved se form of fitness now so wouldn't be too surprised if we go back in for him, he's another midfielder though isn't he? We've got enough of those banging about the place as it is.

Now he's proven himself I'd imagine villa or west ham would be in for him as well.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting but I thought we weren't interested in him due to his medical history, he then went on to sign for Everton. He's obviously proved se form of fitness now so wouldn't be too surprised if we go back in for him, he's another midfielder though isn't he? We've got enough of those banging about the place as it is.

Probably doesn't bring too much in apart from a lot of experience. If Bridcutt is on his way, could make things interesting.

Dec 29, 2011
An absolutely excellent player, would be very pleased if Gus got him, however he could do a job for a Premier League team so I doubt he'll be coming down this way (high wages too).

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
An absolutely excellent player, would be very pleased if Gus got him, however he could do a job for a Premier League team so I doubt he'll be coming down this way (high wages too).

Not going to argue that he will have a lot of interest, possibly at a higher level, however we did look at him very closely, medically, I am told, so can't be that far away on wages I'd imagine.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If he's fit, well worth signing. The strike that hit the bar against Wigan on Boxing Day was pretty special. He'd get goals in The Championship for sure.

Dec 29, 2011
If he's fit, well worth signing. The strike that hit the bar against Wigan on Boxing Day was pretty special. He'd get goals in The Championship for sure.

Yes, despite the fact that we have many mid fielders, I do think he'd bring something different, a bit like a good version of Crofts.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
We were interested in him way before Everton was, he spent time with our German doctor but didn't think he was worth the risk due to his injury history, so tbh I can't see anything happening.

You need to update your signature :) :albion:

My impression in the summer was that he was ment to do a medical over in Germany but just didn't turn up..

We were interested in him way before Everton was, he spent time with our German doctor but didn't think he was worth the risk due to his injury history, so tbh I can't see anything happening.
Two conflicting accounts of why we didn't sign him. The first version ties in more closely with my understanding. But I might have been misreading events at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here