Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

History of NSC?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
A van der Meyde said:
kev the ape and 1066seagulls' entries are must for the archives!

Sorry Mate - but when I think of the history of this place - none of what you post in any form comes to mind...

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I think there have been three incarnations? I started back in 98/99 When the likes of ofab, Hart's shirt, Lady Bracknell, Uncle Grovers, Pitbull et al graced our screens.

No one has mentioned Taff!!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Who remembers Taffy, and prior to that who was the really annoying Palace fan on here? Pete the Eagle?

Site started in 1996/7, and really took off during the Archer/Belotti dabacle. Was very basic back then to say the least, no need to register or any of that malarkey.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Albion Dan said:
Who remembers Taffy, and prior to that who was the really annoying Palace fan on here? Pete the Eagle?

He he is.

Attachments

• peteeagle.gif
    peteeagle.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 225

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Yep definitely about 96/7, I first started posting in about 98 and have been wasting time on here ever since.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
chez said:
I remember him! Used to post the same thing about 1000 times just to piss us all off. :rolleyes:

Usually at three o'clock in the morning so you'd come into work and spend 10 minutes scrolling down to find the first post.

Anyone remember the 'Peter' thread?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hart's Shirt about a goalkeeper was perhaps the funniest thread I ever read. he complained about someone not being in goal and ranted on, when whoever it was , was actually in goal.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I first came across NSC when it was still part of Manx Seagull's Seagull Server (?) fansite. It was right at the start of our first season down in (then) Division 3, so August 96. I've no idea how long it had been going before then.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Theatre of Trees said:
Anyone remember the 'Peter' thread?

Ah yes, fondly. In those pre-registration days you could enter a different username (of almost unlimited length) for every post, which is why in that thread I became: "That's neat, that's neat, that's neat, that's neat, I really love your Tiger Pete"

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Trufflehound said:
Ah yes, fondly. In those pre-registration days you could enter a different username (of almost unlimited length) for every post, which is why in that thread I became: "That's neat, that's neat, that's neat, that's neat, I really love your Tiger Pete"

weird.

I remember that, made me piss myself at the time.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
This is what NSC was like in 2001

Old NSC

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here