Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hippies

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What's the point? I mean, what do they do, apart from nothing? What value do they add?

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
"What's so funny about Peace, Love and Understanding?" :guitar:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It's very difficult for some people to find anyone to feel superior to. For this small fraction of society, hippies make this still possible.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's very difficult for some people to find anyone to feel superior to. For this small fraction of society, hippies make this still possible.

I can see your point, but for me, as a Guardian reader and member of the liberal elite, many groups in society serve this purpose. Not just hippies.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
hippies.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can see your point, but for me, as a Guardian reader and member of the liberal elite, many groups in society serve this purpose. Not just hippies.
Yes, but as a member of the liberal elite you need to remember there are many who are fairly simple, cannot afford a Guardian let alone a skinny latte or manbag, and these people need to feel superior to somebody.

Obviously chavs were designed for this reason, but there is a flaw there. Chavs don't even realise they are being belittled or patronised, so there isn't an awful lot of satisfaction there. So this is why hippies were invented. Slightly more socially aware and yet less dangerous?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, but as a member of the liberal elite you need to remember there are many who are fairly simple, cannot afford a Guardian let alone a skinny latte or manbag, and these people need to feel superior to somebody.

Obviously chavs were designed for this reason, but there is a flaw there. Chavs don't even realise they are being belittled or patronised, so there isn't an awful lot of satisfaction there. So this is why hippies were invented. Slightly more socially aware and yet less dangerous?

Chavs do not realise it, hippies on the other hand probably do. But hippies do not react. So again no satisfaction here either.

Mind you, if a hippy does react they then become a crusty. So maybe hippies are better off not reacting?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I like at fun fairs when you get massive organised fights between chavs and pikeys. I never know who to cheer for.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hippies stopped being hippies in the early 70's, they now run the world as the Establishment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[yt]YB0UZN83N-w[/yt]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Things are looking better

[yt]oFE2wsdgew0[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports