Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hippies/Kebab shops

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Against my better judgement I have convinced wife she should go for a Sunday drive and share the driving with me to Liverpool. I wasnt going as I have been a number of times but Ben and my brother in law havent so drive it is.

Does anybody know of any chippies/ Kebab shops not far off of the motorway either M6 or M40 where we can stop on the way home. Hopefully within 1 mile. I remember years ago there was a pub, chippie, off licence and garage just off of M6 juction 7 to Walsall about 1/4 mile, where we used to stop and break the journey. I dont know if that or any others are near, could anybody who lives up north help.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Proper hippies don't touch no kebabs man :smokin:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
Against my better judgement I have convinced wife she should go for a Sunday drive and share the driving with me to Liverpool. I wasnt going as I have been a number of times but Ben and my brother in law havent so drive it is.

Does anybody know of any chippies/ Kebab shops not far off of the motorway either M6 or M40 where we can stop on the way home. Hopefully within 1 mile. I remember years ago there was a pub, chippie, off licence and garage just off of M6 juction 7 to Walsall about 1/4 mile, where we used to stop and break the journey. I dont know if that or any others are near, could anybody who lives up north help.

There is a pub 1 mile westbound along the A5 leaving M6 at junction 11 called the Spread Eagle. I have driven past it but have no idea what its like but on their website (Spread Eagle - Gailey) they are offering a free drink if you sign up. You could have a look at the reviews and see if its what you want but don't blame me if its no good, i just drive past it and think its probably better than service stations

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Not a chippie but one of my favoured stops is always Banbury. Just head straight for the town centre and after five minutes you come to a massive tesco with garage, burger king, etc. There are also some decent places to eat if you head into the town.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Kebab shops are full of pissed-up chavs looking for a fight in the early hours of a Saturday or Sunday morning. Hippies are more laid back but they do pop out in the week when they get the munchies for an extra large lamb donna kebab with chilli sauce and stink our house out. :lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
bus1.jpg

Parked up just off the M6 usually, although I can't give exact locations you'll understand.

If they ask if you want shrooms with that Falafel , best say no if you're facing a long drive back. :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here