GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Think this is what broke me out of the slower beats of hip hop and into dance music-

A classic-

Funny thing was this was earlier 1984? than the stuff i was listening too later in the 80's

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Was never a fan of dance. Was so into it public enemy and others that for a while i was a black radical :) went to see Malcolm X at the cinema and was reading up on him and the black panther movement. Think at one stage I wanted to join the nation of Islam.
Note:- I'm whiter than vanilla ice

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
And how interesting was that, very underrated band

I wouldn't say they were underrated at all. Arguably one of the most important and significant bands of the last century. Anyone calling themselves a discerning music fan should surely own Nation of Millions and very possibly Fear of a Black Planet

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Was never a fan of dance. Was so into it public enemy and others that for a while i was a black radical :) went to see Malcolm X at the cinema and was reading up on him and the black panther movement. Think at one stage I wanted to join the nation of Islam.
Note:- I'm whiter than vanilla ice

Gets like that-i went round with a Def Jam recordings jumper-don't think i left the house without it.

sure i can't change your mind with the dance bit-
(picked purely on video of course-tune hardly a classic)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Never realised Nile Rodgers got so pissed off when Sugar Hill Gang used the Chic riff he was co-credited for Rappers Delight

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here