HInsh returns

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Hinshelwood played in afriendly today against Le Havre
:clap2: :clap2:
Should be back to first team then soon

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
long way to go before fully match fit, sometime in Feb I reckon, late Jan at a push.

1066gull

Hinsh at RB!

Butters, El-Ebd and Mcshane rotate for center.

Lynch rotates for LB with our new signing!

Reid in the center to rotate with Chippy, new signing and Deano!!

And we will be pretty much done.

:clap2:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
1066Seagull said:
Hinsh at RB!

Apart from a reliable strike pairing???

1066gull

Waiting Over For Hinsh
By Tim Dudding

Adam Hinshelwood received an early birthday present today after finally returning to match action after nine-and-a-half months on the sidelines.

The central-defender, who turns 22 on Sunday, played for half-an-hour of today's under-21 friendly against Le Havre at Albion's Falmer training ground.

His comeback provided some consolation to the watching Mark McGhee, following the news earlier today that Charlie Oatway will miss the rest of the season with his ankle injury.

Hinshelwood was due to return from his cruciate injury in a reserve team game at Luton before Christmas, but sustained an injury to his other knee in training and had to put his comeback on hold.

0,,10433~405079,00.jpg

And speaking after his run-out this afternoon, Hinshelwood admitted he was delighted to finally get back in action.

"At times in the medical room with Malcolm [Stuart] I never thought it would happen, but to make that first step and get that first 30 minutes was great.

"Both knees felt good and it went well. I just wanted a bit longer out there!"

Hinshelwood will now play in next week's reserve team game against Reading, and believes he could be available for the first team for the end of January and the visit of Burnley.

"I was still off the pace a little bit today, so realistically if I work hard in the next two to three weeks then I feel will be back to match sharpness and ready to go."

Albion ran out 3-0 winners this afternoon against Le Havre, with emphatic strikes from Dean Cox, Dan Taylor and a trialist giving Dean Wilkins' side a comfortable victory.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Well done Hinsh.

I got the same injury 7 years ago and i'm still not fit.

Mind you the wife says i never was!!

I'm sure he will get back to the promising form very soon.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
1066Seagull said:
Hinsh at RB!

Why play arguably one of the best centre backs at the club at right back?

Last season when he played full back he looked iffy, yet his form at centre back got him into the England U21's squad.

It will be nice to have some decent competition for the centre back spots at last.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Says it was an Under-21 match - hopefully the trialist is not another one for the future

Last edited:

brighton2win

Aug 21, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Why play arguably one of the best centre backs at the club at right back?

Last season when he played full back he looked iffy, yet his form at centre back got him into the England U21's squad.

It will be nice to have some decent competition for the centre back spots at last.

because 1066 has never seen him play so he doesnt know he is good @ centre back!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Hinch is a CB - NOT a full back IMO

We now need:

LB

Central Mid (Wise??!!) Can't see him getting many offers to play Championship football elsewhere.

Striker - Still think Shipperley might be worth a go - can't see him getting much of a game now at Blunts - how much difference would his wages be to Knight's - and would he want to come?

Henderson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here