Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hilarious Ronaldo stat

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I still remember sitting in a pub and seeing Ronaldo score a free kick against Pompey for United where he hit the VALVE and it just dipped into the goal.

It was pretty much the first time he'd done it (or very early in him finding the technique) and I just remember the STUNNED silence in the pub.

It was basically at the end of about 3 or 4 weeks where he scored in every game and was, (prepare for my use of "literally") literally unplayable.

We had a GENUINE discussion in the pub about whether Man Utd should be given a 1 goal handicap whenever they started with Ronaldo.

Messi shouldn't overshadow that he, (in my opinion of course) is in the top 3 or 4 players of all time based purely on ability. Forget winning world cups and all that (which I think is the worst recognised "barometer" of judging how good an individual is, by the way). He has to be the most COMPLETE player who's ever lived. Surely?

Height, pace, strength, speed, phenomenal heading, phenomenal shooting, free kicks, trickery, consistency.

Wow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here