Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Highlights of this season

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Palace away

Leeds at home

Millwall away

Standing on the platform at London Bridge station watching several 14 year old Millwall chavs get pinned against a wall by the Met and told to shut up, grow up or be arrested, while our fans remained free to sing what they wanted back.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Personally i had quite a few good moments this season, there was leeds away which we should have won, but was a fantastic day, obviously palace away, sheffield united away, not cos of the game but i got to meet quite a few from here (and trigger really is a nice bloke !! :lolol: ) i could go on i suppose, if i cared to but i cant be arsed :p

Anyway, you watch, next season as soon as the first ball is kicked in that first match, all of this season will be forgotton, (i know, like you, i cant wait for next season now either !! :lolol: ) hopefully next season me and her indoors will get to meet some more of you guys from here, we are hoping to get to some home games next season, and not just most of the away ones.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
- Leeds away, as exciting and open a game as you could ever hope to see
- Ipswich away:
- Plymouth home

Also thought that our perfomance at Derby indicated that we were getting the measure of this division - how wrong I was

Missed the trip to Selhurst

Jim in the West said:
I can:

1972/73
1974/75
1991/92
1993/94
1994/95
1995/96
1996/97
1997/98

In the context of the past 6 years, this season has been very disappointing - but not entirely surprising.

and you can add 1986-7 to the list - that was a shocker

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Palace away with live in the memory til, well next time we beat them away!
Both Leeds games were great. The one at Elland Road was the best game of football I have seen in years.
Ipswich away sounded fun!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
GNW - else we'd have been relegated a month ago

And Paul McShane - half a dozen with his skill, guts and commitment we'd have been mid-table at worst

And Joel Lynch - a GENUINE one for the future

Last edited:

1066gull

Reading away. I loved the atmosphere cos the locals are so SHIT!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Adriodinho said:
Reading away. I loved the atmosphere cos the locals are so SHIT!

.... not the tree moment from Monday then? Shame, it was clearly my highlight.

1066gull

Easy 10 said:
"1066 IN OVERHANGING BRANCH HORROR"

A young football fan was recovering at home today following a prolongued and horrifying ordeal with a viciously overhanging branch. The supporter, sometimes known as 1066, was returning home following Brighton and Hove Albions' 2-0 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, when he became ensnared by the tricky tree's appendage. Eye witnesses reported that his wild flailings only served to further entangle the distraught fan within it's leafy grasp, until with a mighty effort he finally broke free, and was last seen fleeing up London Road with a look of abject terror on his face.

Police have started an investigation and have warned pedestrians in the meantime to be wary of wood-related hazards within the Withdean area.
It was your fault! I saw this shirt with 'Easy' and '10' and looked behind me when I passed you.
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Adriodinho said:
It was your fault! I saw this shirt with 'Easy' and '10' and looked behind me when I passed you.
Oh come on - you can hardly blame YOUR clumsiness on MY shirt.
It did cheer me up no end though

:lolol:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Changing the subject back to the thread heading, could I add Newcastle away in the FA Youth cup....result was disappointing, but the atmosphere was great (thanks to the BHAlbas) and the banter amongst the Toon army (well the blokes around me) was great fun.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Adriodinho said:

Easy10 had no part to play in your comical attempts to escape the clutches of the overhanging branch though. That was all down to you m'friend.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
The return of the doughnut outlet in the South Stand was probably the highlight for me at Withdean.

Away it was the fantastic atmosphere at Elland Road and being able to tell Harding what we thought of him.

I missed the trip to Selhurst as I was in hospital which just about sums it up this season (although this wasn't related to eating too many doughnuts).

Seb Carole - his countless little gems of skill throughout the season, pure romance

brighton2win

Aug 21, 2005
Al Bion said:

Away it was the fantastic atmosphere at Elland Road and being able to tell Harding what we thought of him.

that was fantastic, the whole of our allocation was on his back for the full 90 minutes, his football definately suffered that day he whimpered every time the ball came to him :clap2:

The youth team's performances.

Will be a few seasons I reckon before I get to see the Albion play at St James Park, Newcastle again, or beat Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here