Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Highlights of this season

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Highlights for me this season

Scoring 3 up at Leeds - how did we manage that?
Beating Palace - a sensational performance, an awesome victory that will go down in history
The 'Maradona' takeover story in the Argus. - what a story!! Diego Maradona and Ossie Ardiles buying BRIGHTON? Ha!
The 'Yes' to Falmer - what more needs to be said?
Beating Leeds at our place - so good, it was even released on DVD
The last two away games - awesome days out, superb atmoshpere, great results

That's about it, for me - you could probably include wins against Hull, QPR, and (erm..) oh yes, Taribo West's Plymouth.

Think that's about it - all in all, a bit of a rubbish season, but proof that there were some good times!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
THE END

NEXT THREAD

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Quite enjoyed the Falmer March, come to think of it! Oh, and McCammon on the phone in:lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I cannot remember a season I have enjoyed less.

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
Palace and Millwall away two fine games and the blue n white army in full voice, shame the players picked and choosed when they wanted to turn up and play

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Before a game was played - we were top.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Controversial I know - but the first 92 minutes of the home game against Palace was probably the most fun I've ever had at Withdean. (Also bear in mind that I was not at the Swindon game)

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
bellsize seagull said:
Palace and Millwall away two fine games and the blue n white army in full voice, shame the players picked and choosed when they wanted to turn up and play

Word, games like those proved they could be good enough when they wanted to be.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Beating the scum & abusing their fans, pity the fixtures computer only gave us a month to rub it in

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Uncle Spielberg said:
I cannot remember a season I have enjoyed less.

I can:

1972/73
1974/75
1991/92
1993/94
1994/95
1995/96
1996/97
1997/98

In the context of the past 6 years, this season has been very disappointing - but not entirely surprising.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
1066 unable to free himself from the branches of an overhanging tree yesterday. Flalling around desperately, as my mate was behind him leaping around all over the place fearing the branch would eventually be freed to whiplash back in his direction.

As he eventually wrestled clear, he looked at the 3 of us and muttered,

"Easy10?"
To which Easy simply said,
"1066? Surely, that must be 1066."

Marvellous scenes, really did brighten up the day.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This season was good for one evening in London, nothing else. McGhee has seen to that.

Too many gutless performances and a manager that can't do his job properly and we've deservedly finished bottom. That McShane goal at Selhurst is literally the only good memory of this season for me. Now f*** off you scots bastard.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"1066 IN OVERHANGING BRANCH HORROR"

A young football fan was recovering at home today following a prolongued and horrifying ordeal with a viciously overhanging branch. The supporter, sometimes known as 1066, was returning home following Brighton and Hove Albions' 2-0 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday, when he became ensnared by the tricky tree's appendage. Eye witnesses reported that his wild flailings only served to further entangle the distraught fan within it's leafy grasp, until with a mighty effort he finally broke free, and was last seen fleeing up London Road with a look of abject terror on his face.

Police have started an investigation and have warned pedestrians in the meantime to be wary of wood-related hazards within the Withdean area.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Actually the Steak Pie I had before the Burnley 0-0 Bore draw was probably the highlight upon closer thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here