Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Highlander Remake

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Good question. IS there a single film that absolutely, under no circumstances, could a remake be made of - maybe because any director of such a venture knew exactly how good the original was, and how much they would get slaughtered for falling well short with their paltry effort?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Good question. IS there a single film that absolutely, under no circumstances, could a remake be made of - maybe because any director of such a venture knew exactly how good the original was, and how much they would get slaughtered for falling well short with their paltry effort?

I used to think there might be, but then there was a remake of 'The Haunting' and all bets were off after that :(

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Can't they leave ANYTHING alone?

:nono: :nono:

Are you saying there can be only one ?

Totally agree, I loved it when it came out - seem to recall it was the first 15 film I ever saw and sneaked in under age.

Very well crafted film, I remember at the time everyone being amazed at the seamless transitions between the scenes. Anyone who has sent the film will know what I'm talking about.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Highlander was good as it got away with a frenchman playing a scot and a scot playing an Eygptian.

It kind of fizzled out after all those raul (f***ing who?) paul sequals.

It would need a total plot revamp to have any chance of success and then I rate it slim.

Do you remember the duel scene? Were the attendent ends up getting shot in the back?

Thats bevendean hillbilly sucking up to simster that is.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It can not be worst than the original though can it ? Quite possibly in my top ten of worst ever films.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Life is not complete without a visit to the 'Highlander castle' Eileen Donan (not on the banks of Loch Shiel) There is absolutely no reference to the film anywhere in the castle grounds, and when we asked someone who worked there they were less than impressed with the question.
:jester:

Heather "You can do that to me for the rest of your life if you like m'lord"

Connor "Aye blossom."

and who could forget:

Connor: "Well I'll bloody well walk out of here" (Christophe's finest cinematic moment of a glittering career spanning two, or was it four films) ;)

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Connor: "Well I'll bloody well walk out of here" (Christophe's finest cinematic moment of a glittering career spanning two, or was it four films) ;)
As long as you're including Mortal Kombat then all is well.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Yes, Brighton Rock. Grr!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
(Christophe's finest cinematic moment of a glittering career spanning two, or was it four films) ;)

Who can forget Lamberts cry in the scene in Tarzan - The Legend of Greystoke when the police shoot the gorilla who is running amok in the park.

''HE WAS MY FATHER'' brilliant stuff............. :laugh:
I got told off for laughing so much at that one.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yes, Brighton Rock. Grr!!

There's going to one though - set in the 1960s of all things. Now that's "Grrr"

I think there are some films that will never be touched: Citizen Kane is an obvious one. I'd imagine it would take a brave soul to remake Casablanca or Gone with the Wind. The Godfather I and II would be pretty inviolate too.

There are some films on the other hand that I'm amazed haven't been touched yet. Hitchcock films are ripe for remaking (Hitchcock himself did it with the Man who Knew Too Much).

The one I think would go down well is Sweet Smell of Success - we're now more aware of PR and the deviousness of its practitioners. And I could see the Burt Lancaster character being more like a Richard Littlejohn journo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here