Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Hey plumbers! Is this ok?

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
IMG_4639.jpeg

It is a pipe for a radiator and we are putting down carpet soon so it this is a problem, would rather get it sorted first!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'd say there is a very slight leak from it. The joint just needs re sweating(soldering). A plumber could do it in five minutes including freezing the line rather than draining the system.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
No. Seems like a microscopic gap in the solder. Pipe not quite entering the t straight probably caused it.
Probably won't get any worse but I'd recommend sorting it

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'd say there is a very slight leak from it. The joint just needs re sweating(soldering). A plumber could do it in five minutes including freezing the line rather than draining the system.
Is like to see that done in 5 minutes. Needs partial draining at least as you need an open end or you can get pinholes.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

I used this on a leaky pipe that the plumber was wary of soldering (closeness to the floorboards above). About five years now - no leak since.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Looks like it’s had a slight weep on it.
Usually get a cracked joint when changing from a gravity fed system to a combi.( higher pressure)
Expensive way is to get a plumber in to drain down and renew the joint.
Cheap way - if starts to weep when the heating is on try adding some Miracle seal CT-1 to the system to seal it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Personally I think that needs replacing rather than a patch job but I'm not a plumber. Calling @Wrong-Direction

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The tee joint needs cutting out and renewing. The original soldered joint wasn't done properly. Has been leaking from the day it was originally plumbed in. Tiny pinprick gap in the solder. Trying to re-solder in situ I would not recommend as you won't be able to clean the joint properly. Drain the heating cut it out/renew refill, a couple of hours at the most I would think. As long as the system is on a combi that is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here