Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heritage Stone Grid Location

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Where are the directors' stones then? (On the website above)

They directors' stones form a centre piece, with the club badge. These should occupy the blank bit in the middle of the website grid pasted above.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Was that the sole reason you donated the money then? Just to get some glory by having your name on a seat? And the fact that hasn't materialised (but the club have survived and gone from strength to strength) means nothing?

I think that's a bit harsh. As i mentioned, other clubs have offered two tier approaches to this is the past and given that the minimum to get a seat was £250 whilst £100 gets a stone they could have done that. I actually got a stone as part of this change from a seat piece. I would have bought a stone anyway so they actually missed out on £100. Also the club offered the different area - it wasnt asked for. The position has changed but they didnt tell anyone (which is perhaps understandable given all that was going on)

In any case at the time I suggested that perhaps a better solution was a £250 discount on a Private seat licence, which didnt have public kudos, still brought in an income but was at least linked to the seat principle. However I didnt get a response

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Are there two areas of stones?

I've seen the area by the main entrance. Didn't think it had this many stones.

EVAN WARREN, RIP FROM ALL AT NSC Certificate Number 1465 is included at least TWICE.

Not sure.. the ones i saw originally were behind the West Stand

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I think that's a bit harsh. As i mentioned, other clubs have offered two tier approaches to this is the past and given that the minimum to get a seat was £250 whilst £100 gets a stone they could have done that. I actually got a stone as part of this change from a seat piece. I would have bought a stone anyway so they actually missed out on £100. Also the club offered the different area - it wasnt asked for. The position has changed but they didnt tell anyone (which is perhaps understandable given all that was going on)

In any case at the time I suggested that perhaps a better solution was a £250 discount on a Private seat licence, which didnt have public kudos, still brought in an income but was at least linked to the seat principle. However I didnt get a response

I understand what you are saying, but the original post I quoted was saying he donated the money to A&K, and has got nothing back. I was just suggesting that the fact the club is now in such a fantastic position that that alone should be reward enough. I certainly didn't donate money to A&K just because I wanted my name engraved on a seat.

Not a bad idea about the discounting of a PSL option, what would you have offered people who aren't actually buying a season ticket but donated enough to qualify for a reward?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not sure.. the ones i saw originally were behind the West Stand

Well, there is another set of stones, printed in black, surrounding a Buckingham logo, with the names of, I presume, the people that worked on the stadium near the entrance to the south stand.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I understand what you are saying, but the original post I quoted was saying he donated the money to A&K, and has got nothing back. I was just suggesting that the fact the club is now in such a fantastic position that that alone should be reward enough. I certainly didn't donate money to A&K just because I wanted my name engraved on a seat.

Not a bad idea about the discounting of a PSL option, what would you have offered people who aren't actually buying a season ticket but donated enough to qualify for a reward?

I can see where the OP you quoted was coming from, and I think your response is a little harsh. People will have donated to A&K for a host of reasons, but mainly and primarily for their love of the club. If the extra kudos of having your name somewhere special made some make the extra payment to go £250 or above then so what? The ends justify the means in desperate times. The club should still honour their promise or provide an explanation as to why they have not fulfilled it though.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I can see where the OP you quoted was coming from, and I think your response is a little harsh. People will have donated to A&K for a host of reasons, but mainly and primarily for their love of the club. If the extra kudos of having your name somewhere special made some make the extra payment to go £250 or above then so what? The ends justify the means in desperate times. The club should still honour their promise or provide an explanation as to why they have not fulfilled it though.

It was the phrase "in the end it all counted for nothing" that prompted my response. It certainly wasn't an attack on anyone, just a suggestion that being where we are now could be seen as reward in itself rather than "nothing"

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
It was the phrase "in the end it all counted for nothing" that prompted my response. It certainly wasn't an attack on anyone, just a suggestion that being where we are now could be seen as reward in itself rather than "nothing"

Agree, a poor choice of words and hopefully not what they really meant.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

That bit was just about the disappointment of donating to A & K, blue member since giving up my season ticket, 55 items in my account history and having precisely zero "loyalty" points.
I desperately want to be at the Donny game, but have the same chance as someone who hasn't any interest in the club in the past, but fancies joining in a bit of history by going to the first game at the new stadium we all fought so hard for.

Sorry it came over the way it obviously did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Thanks for posting the grid references. Its only made me more mad than ever though after having seen the tacky stones last Sataurday.

I paid for two stones for myself and my dad, and specifically asked for them to be placed side by side. The grid has located my dad's stone and mine is nowhere to be seen. I will most certainly be making a strong complaint. Has anyone else got any thing to complain about because I am more than happy to collate all genuine complaints and get them resolved?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
"Sarah Watts
What a journey"

Obviously expecting travel problems.

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Thanks for posting the grid references. Its only made me more mad than ever though after having seen the tacky stones last Sataurday.

I paid for two stones for myself and my dad, and specifically asked for them to be placed side by side. The grid has located my dad's stone and mine is nowhere to be seen. I will most certainly be making a strong complaint. Has anyone else got any thing to complain about because I am more than happy to collate all genuine complaints and get them resolved?

Yes you can add my complaint as follows:-
As an "Alive & Kicking" donator I was promised that my stone would be placed on the wall by the main entrance !!

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Yes you can add my complaint as follows:-
As an "Alive & Kicking" donator I was promised that my stone would be placed on the wall by the main entrance !!

Fair enough. Thats where they should be. The stomes are currently placed on the ground by the main entrance for cars and busses to run over them. Many fans have bought stones to commemorate lost loved ones and they deserve greater respect than they have currently got.

Bisto

Getting older everyday
Oct 25, 2010
Brighton
Thanks for that very helpful..............Shame the weren't laid in certificate order be easier to find LOL

I assumed my A&K contribution reward went the way of the wind! Sorry not to have my name on my seat

Cant see that this has been posted before, but I did a bit of research last night and the company responsible for the stones pointed me in the direction of this link...

Grid ref

Thanks very much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here