Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Here's service for you from the Metropolitan Police

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
A friend of mine from Ringmer has a son who lives in Maida Vale with his girlfriend. They have Arab neighbours who live in a flat down from theirs. On 7th July, these neighbours suddenly disappeared, and have not been seen since. Post has piled up for them. In the wake of the 7th July attacks, the police asked people to contact the Anti-Terrorism Hotline with any information, however trivial. My friend's son did so, being worried about his neighbours. He was told by the Anti-Terrorism Hotline that it was far busy to deal with information like this, and that he should contact his local police station. What message does this give out? Your information is not wanted. Enough has been said about the police's other ways of operation, so I will not say anything there, but this did make me extremely angry.

JonC

Oct 18, 2004
I've heard the service of the police is fantastic in certain areas. For example, if you're a Brazilian plumber...

I would try again and also copy it one of the newspapers or BBC who would make sure its followed through.

LC

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
If you want any action taken by public bodies just copy your member of parliament into the correspondence. Senior Civil Servantsjump through hoops backwards for MPs

Although I think he was right to report this, I think you are getting a little bit over excited about the response. The Met has never been busier in its history than it has over the last 2 weeks. I work in the city and hear sirens outside 20-30 times each working day as police investigate "suspect packages" and the like. I'm not sure how many arabs, muslims or dodgy characters there are living in London but I bet there are thousands of phone calls such as this each day reporting something slightly out of the ordinary. The police have to vet this information somehow otherwise they would be chasing every minor detail whilst the bombers roam free. I personally think they are doing a sterling job in very difficult circumstances.

So the fact that 4 blokes were last seen leaving this flat on the 7th July carrying 4 heavy rucksacks apparently fixed in places by electrician wire...is irrelvent?:ohmy:

London Calling said:
So the fact that 4 blokes were last seen leaving this flat on the 7th July carrying 4 heavy rucksacks apparently fixed in places by electrician wire...is irrelvent?:ohmy:

And this is why you are not licensed to carry a loaded weapon in public.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by London Calling
So the fact that 4 blokes were last seen leaving this flat on the 7th July carrying 4 heavy rucksacks apparently fixed in places by electrician wire...is irrelvent?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And this is why you are not licensed to carry a loaded weapon in public.

You're right. There should only be shoot to kill, if they have an Australian accent and about to enter a public space, with flat grass, white screens and about to throw a hard red object at a lonely Englishman!

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
we're going away on holidsay for three weeks this friday. Do you think someone will phone up the police before we come back?

Oh I forgot... we're not dark skinned and even though my wife has Muslim written in her passport everyone knows she drinks and wears a bikini in the garden.....:dunce:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
we're going away on holidsay for three weeks this friday. Do you think someone will phone up the police before we come back?

Oh I forgot... we're not dark skinned and even though my wife has Muslim written in her passport everyone knows she drinks and wears a bikini in the garden.....:dunce:

Good point. The chances are that family went away for holiday and had nothing to do with the terrorist attacks, but the anti-terrorism hotline probably get truckloads of phone calls like this. That is why the anti-terrorism hotline referred West Hoathly Seagull to the police instead as they are capable of looking into local issues, and it would be impossible for the anti-terrorism agencies to monitor every single Arab in the UK who decided to leave their home for a short period of time.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:

I do now!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here