Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hereford: Still bitter after all these years.

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
I can understand why they hate us. I hate Man U because of 83 and I hate Notts County because of 91. It may not be logical but as said before its what some fans, myself included do.

Exactly. And if Hereford had dumped us out the league instead, i'm sure plenty of albion fans would have found it in their heart to hate them for years to come

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Staying in the Conference for 10 years didn't help.

Does that means that EVERY club that gets relegated from League 2 will hate the club that puts the final nail in their coffin?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I dont hate Notts County.

we played Brilliant against Millwall in both legs and then played shit against county, we got what we deserved.

Wereas we should have finished of Manure, we outplayed them.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I don't hate Notts County either, remember being outside a pub near the ground before the game and having a right laugh with their fans. The general consensus was that whoever was promoted would come straight back down the following season, they did but unfortunately we were also relegated. For the next few seasons both County and ourselves were trapped in the downward spiral that nearly ended in both of us going out of the league, on several occasions, fortunately that trend seems to have been reversed. They are one of the oldest clubs in the league, the fans I have met have been amongst the friendliest and most down to earth, I can't think why anyone would wish them ill.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I don't hate Notts County either, remember being outside a pub near the ground before the game and having a right laugh with their fans. The general consensus was that whoever was promoted would come straight back down the following season, they did but unfortunately we were also relegated. For the next few seasons both County and ourselves were trapped in the downward spiral that nearly ended in both of us going out of the league, on several occasions, fortunately that trend seems to have been reversed. They are one of the oldest clubs in the league, the fans I have met have been amongst the friendliest and most down to earth, I can't think why anyone would wish them ill.

I agree, compare and contrast with Man United fans. The olde Jeruselum is one of the best pubs ive been to as well.

The only people who are shitty up there are the old bill.:)

Guilligomarc'h Gully

Vive Les Mouettes!
As I think some of you know I have a video posted on YouTube of the Hereford vs Albion match. I've just had the latest comments emailed to me; they're still bitter about it I think.....

Hereford fans may be bitter but that game has been a constant source of pleasure ever since. Thanks for bringing the video footage to my attention! Brought back happy memories and provided footage I hadn't seen. We were in the main Hereford stand (only tickets we could get!) and had to sit quietly until halftime when able to escape to the Albion terraces. Remember the Hereford bull going round the running track before the game. Decided its name should be "Conference". So, nice to see again young Kerry put one in our net. Perhaps he should pass on half his testimonial monies to mr R Reneilt?

Staly

Mar 30, 2004
Manchester
Hereford are, on paper, one of the weaker teams in L2 next season, so you could have the pleasure of seeing them relegated again. Then they'll have someone else to hate as well as you, us, Chester, Wrexham, Kidderminster etc etc etc.

They're a funny lot.

Guilligomarc'h Gully

Vive Les Mouettes!
Hereford are, on paper, one of the weaker teams in L2 next season, so you could have the pleasure of seeing them relegated again. Then they'll have someone else to hate as well as you, us, Chester, Wrexham, Kidderminster etc etc etc.

They're a funny lot.

I think it would be better to see them promoted - so that we could relive the Hereford experience all over again! (unless we miss them by going up ourselves, of course).
They are almost Welsh.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Like NS Nutter I don't live that far from Hereford and do bump into their supporters from time to time, fair to say that they haven't forgotten and still don't particularly like us...that said, neither do Swindon or Bristol City but if you are lucky enough to meet a Bristol Rovers fan...they luvs us.

don't think Chesterfield fans are that fond of us either..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here