Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hereford: Still bitter after all these years.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
As I think some of you know I have a video posted on YouTube of the Hereford vs Albion match. I've just had the latest comments emailed to me; they're still bitter about it I think.....

From HerefordDave: a travisty. we've got a cathederal and a proper stadium. do the seagulls still play in a leisure centre?

A cathedral? WTF? :salute:

Video here -> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-4SyMPHlwn8#GU5U2spHI_4

As I think some of you know I have a video posted on YouTube of the Hereford vs Albion match. I've just had the latest comments emailed to me; they're still bitter about it I think.....

From HerefordDave: a travisty. we've got a cathederal and a proper stadium. do the seagulls still play in a leisure centre?

A cathedral? WTF? :salute:

Video here -> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-4SyMPHlwn8#GU5U2spHI_4

Would that be a WELSH catherdral? :angel:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't like them much either and look forward to kicking their arses again if they can haul themselves out of League 2

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I've never really understood the whole "hating someone just because they beat you" thing. It's the same with Bristol City from the playoff final, and Swindon too. Should we have surrendered so as not to have made their fans sad? :cry:

Also, last time I checked, Hereford played at Edgar Street, not the Bernabeu. :lol:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I don't like them much either and look forward to kicking their arses again if they can haul themselves out of League 2

...or we go down next season. Nightmare if they leapfrog us!

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I've never really understood the whole "hating someone just because they beat you" thing. It's the same with Bristol City from the playoff final, and Swindon too. Should we have surrendered so as not to have made their fans sad? :cry:

I agree. I've never really understood why Hereford hate us so much either. It's not as though we singlehandedly got them relegated out of the football league. Their appalling run of form towards the end of that season may possibly have had something to do with that. If, God forbid, the boot was on the other foot and we'd lost that game, I really don't think I would have the "hatred" of them that they appear to have of us.

I remember Hereford fans on Soccer AM booing when we were pulled out of the hat during the Johnstones Paint Pot Draw:shrug:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think our reaction of bemused indifference is the worst (best?) possible insult.

Unrequited hate is a tough thing to accept!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
can understand it. I dislike Notts County for 91. Its what football fans do, especially as that Hereford game had bigger implications

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Unrequited hate is a tough thing to accept!

I have heard it said that one of the main reasons Scottish footy fans hate England so much is because English fans generally don't give a shit about Scotland.

*Before the Alba's get upset, this is not a view held by this poster
:angel:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When you consider that Brighton fans who have only seen 4 games against Crystal Palace name them as the club they hate the most, Hereford hating us doesn't seem so unreasonable??

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
When you consider that Brighton fans who have only seen 4 games against Crystal Palace name them as the club they hate the most, Hereford hating us doesn't seem so unreasonable??

I would go along with that, Myself, I hate Orient more they I do Palace just because they are the team that when I first started following Brighton seemed to be the Rivals.
I should imagine Herefords anger is even more if you consider they changed the rules the next year!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Hereford only had themselves to blame. they were in mid table safety when we were still hopelessly adrift at the bottom.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I agree. I've never really understood why Hereford hate us so much either. It's not as though we singlehandedly got them relegated out of the football league. Their appalling run of form towards the end of that season may possibly have had something to do with that. If, God forbid, the boot was on the other foot and we'd lost that game, I really don't think I would have the "hatred" of them that they appear to have of us.

I remember Hereford fans on Soccer AM booing when we were pulled out of the hat during the Johnstones Paint Pot Draw:shrug:

They probably hate us because we stayed up on goals scored, whereas had it been goal difference (as it is now), we wouldve been relegated.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
It's the same with Bristol City from the playoff final, and Swindon too. Should we have surrendered so as not to have made their fans sad?

I was chatting to someone just last week about one of my favourite memories from Cardiff was the twat from Bristol City with the "Better luck next year Brighton" sign. At the final whistle we all turned round to look for him. :lolol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I live near Hereford and quite often wear a Brighton shirt through town, I've never had a single comment or problem about it.

unnameable

Feb 25, 2004
Oxford/Lancing
I was at the Oxford-Orient game that saw the Os promoted and the Us relegated to the Conference. Oxford fans feel betrayed by their own club for giving Orient the whole of the North Stand and turning the game into a virtual home match for the visitors. Oxford fans can't wait for their club's next game with Orient. They hate Orient as much as Hereford hate us. They probably hate Orient more than we do.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They probably hate us because we stayed up on goals scored, whereas had it been goal difference (as it is now), we wouldve been relegated.

Which is, of course, completely our fault.
How utterly inconsiderate of us to engineer that 5-0 against Hartlepool, or the 4-4 against Orient.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Like NS Nutter I don't live that far from Hereford and do bump into their supporters from time to time, fair to say that they haven't forgotten and still don't particularly like us...that said, neither do Swindon or Bristol City but if you are lucky enough to meet a Bristol Rovers fan...they luvs us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here